QHY268 M cooling issue QHYCCD QHY268 M · Sean van Drogen · ... · 5 · 193 · 0

Sean1980 3.15
· 
Managed to get a nice used QHY268 M, but am experiencing some unexpected behavior.
It seems that it can not stay stable at the set temperature. The ambient temp is around 20c and i have it set to cool to -5c
What i am seeing is that it consistently stays around -4.9c with cooler power at around 62% from time to time it will hit the requested -5c but it will not stay there.

The camera is powered via UPBv2 and is getting 12v power. The firmware is the latest. I use NINA to control the camera
Any thoughts on what might be causing this or fixes would be more than welcome?

CS,
Sean
Edited ...
StewartWilliam 1.81
· 
·  2 likes
That is perfectly normal, it will stay within .1 of the selected temp, so if you set to -5 it should stay between -4.9 and -5.1
and will hover between them….
Sean1980 3.15
· 
AstroShed:
That is perfectly normal, it will stay within .1 of the selected temp, so if you set to -5 it should stay between -4.9 and -5.1

Thanks for the confirmation. With my ZWO I was used to have it be exactly on set temperature
StewartWilliam 1.81
· 
Sean van Drogen:
AstroShed:

Thanks for the confirmation. With my ZWO I was used to have it be exactly on set temperature

Why move to QHY..?
Sean1980 3.15
· 
·  1 like
AstroShed:
Sean van Drogen:
AstroShed:

Why move to QHY..?

Price mainly the QHY268 is much more affordable compared to the 2600M from ZWO.

It was also a great opportunity as I got a deal camera together with a CFW3L complete with 2inch filters Baader LRGB and Narrowband set for around 2000 euro for the whole set
mgutierrez 1.43
· 
·  1 like
Sean van Drogen:
Managed to get a nice used QHY268 M, but am experiencing some unexpected behavior.
It seems that it can not stay stable at the set temperature. The ambient temp is around 20c and i have it set to cool to -5c
What i am seeing is that it consistently stays around -4.9c with cooler power at around 62% from time to time it will hit the requested -5c but it will not stay there.

The camera is powered via UPBv2 and is getting 12v power. The firmware is the latest. I use NINA to control the camera
Any thoughts on what might be causing this or fixes would be more than welcome?

CS,
Sean

that's the normal behaviour. No worries

Register or login to create to post a reply.