Skywatcher CQ350 Pro Sky-Watcher CQ350 · luher · ... · 3 · 225 · 0

luher 0.00
· 
Dear Skywatcher CQ350 Pro users

Can anyone tell me if the Skywatcher CQ350 Pro Mount is compatible with Zwo Asiair Plus? I can't find any clear information about this. So this mount is stored in the Zwo Asiair Plus software.

Can anyone tell me about the accuracy of the guiding of this mount?

Are there any points that can cause problems when combining this mount and the Zwo Asiair Plus?

Does the polar alignment routine (without viewing Polaris) work reliably and accurately?

I would like to thank everyone who took the trouble to answer me.

Best regards

luher
deepanvishal 4.06
· 
·  3 likes
Hi Luher,

I can confirm that ASIAir works well with CQ350. I am one of the early adopters of this mount.
I am not technically sound and haven’t invested much time using Phd2 to do an end to end analysis on the mount performance.  

All I can say with my experience is, I am happy with its performance. With good balancing I get results from 0.3” to 08” depending upon the seeing conditions.

I have some sample images in my astrobin page. I’ll be happy to share guidelogs if you’d like to see. 

Thanks,
Deepan
luher 0.00
· 
Dear Deepan

thanks alot for your answer. I‘d like to see your guidelogs and will check your photos. 
I would like to change the mount in the long term and see this product as a very good solution. thank you very much!

best regards

luher
MaksPower 0.00
· 
Hi Luther,

Yes the ASIAir and CQ350 work together - I have this combination. 

Polar alignment works for me in the southern hemisphere (no Polaris) - but it does require a view of the sky around the pole, as it requires the scope to be aimed at declination 90 degrees.

I have also tried the new “all sky” polar alignment but it failed to work for me.
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.