Dates: Sept. 4, 2011
Integration: 5.1 hours
Avg. Moon age: 6.60 days
Avg. Moon phase: 41.75%
RA center: 314.040 degrees
DEC center: 43.838 degrees
Pixel scale: 4.963 arcsec/pixel
Orientation: -179.257 degrees
Field radius: 3.803 degrees
2011 version redux
it cleared up for one night (sept 1-2) so i was able to get a few more hours in.
this is 76x4min (4h52m). in addition, i used HDRComposition to merge in 1/10s, 1/4s, 2s, 5s, 10s and 60s exposures to try to recover the brighter stars a little bit. not sure if i was successful.
comparing this (and the prior) to my 2010 version, it's clear that ISO1600 is where i should have been all along. i can't say if it's due to the ISO or the fact that i can now turn dithering on (since i'm using BackyardEOS now), there is absolutely no banding or pattern noise in the integrated result.
canon 50d with astrodon L filter modified by hap griffin.
canon 200L @ f/4
captured with backyardEOS
guiding with PhD (dithering on)
calibration, registration and stacking with PixInsight 1.7.
processing with Pixinsight 1.7:
- integration of 240s, 60s, etc. exposures
- HDR merge of all exposure lengths
- extraction and re-registration of RGB channels
- DynamicPSF to get each channel's PSF
- deconvolution (100 iterations) on each channel separately, with star mask for local deringing support and luminance mask to protect low SNR regions
- RGB combine
- histogram transformations and curves
- histogram transformations on just the stars
- morphological transformation (selection, 20% amount 20%, 7 iterations) on just the stars
- SCNR (blue, green)
If this image is the result of your processing of a public data pool, you can send it the pool so it's displayed there.
Use this form to select an existing public data pool.
Such limitation improves the website as a whole by discouraging people from creating fake accounts to like their own images. Thank you for understanding!
Currently, your AstroBin index is 0.00.