Imaging telescope or lens: Astro-Tech AT8IN
Imaging camera: ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool
Mount: Skywatcher NEQ-6 Pro Synscan
Guiding telescope or lens: Astro-Tech AT8IN
Guiding camera: Meade DSI II C
Integration: 7.6 hours
Avg. Moon age: 15.92 days
Avg. Moon phase: 98.26%
Astrometry.net job: 1537470
RA center: 211.246 degrees
DEC center: 54.608 degrees
Pixel scale: 0.860 arcsec/pixel
Orientation: -88.567 degrees
Field radius: 0.691 degrees
Locations: Mapleton Lateral Observatory, Mapleton, Utah, United States
Way too much Moon for a really good image, but the sky was very clear and I wanted to test the modifications I've made to MyFocuserPro (redid the wiring, updated the code and ASCOM driver, adjusted tension on the focuser). I also upgraded to the newest versions of EQMOD and Sequence Generator Pro, so there were lots of changes. After making a good meridian flip, the run failed while attempting to autofocus for the blue filter, apparently because of an imager download hang. I got the B data and more luminance the next night without hanging too badly. The focuser adjustments seemed to help because I got good autofocus each time I used it (as long as I didn’t get a download failure). I think I like the color balance I get using LRGB filter techniques better than those I got with the one-shot color camera. There are quite a few faint fuzzies in this part of the sky. I'll frame this a little differently next time, but I was trying to pick up some of the fuzzies.
Date: 12-13 Apr 2017
Subject: M101, Pinwheel Galaxy
Scope: AT8IN + High Point Scientific coma corrector
Filters: ZWO 31 mm diameter unmounted L, R, G, B
Mount: EQ-6 (EQMOD 2.000j)+PEC
Guiding: Orion Thin Off-axis Guider + DSI +PHD 22.214.171.124 (Win 10 ASCOM) using predictive PEC algorithm
Camera: ASI1600MM-Cool, -20 °C, Gain 0 Offset 10
Acquisition: Sequence Generator Pro 126.96.36.199
Exposure: 90x180 L, 20x180 R, 20x180 G, 22x180 B
Stacking: Neb 4.1.5, flats & darks, trans+rot align, Nebulosity 1.5σ stack and align.
Processing: StarTools 1.4.327. Aggressively stretched and deconvoluted the luminance. Combined RGB in Neb 4 and stretched, color balanced, and sharpened in StarTools. Layered luminance over RGB in Photoshop CC 2014, boosted the saturation a little, used Carboni’s Astronomy Tools deep space noise reduction, did a little layer masked unsharp masking on M101, and a little layer masked levels to get rid of some sky glow, topped off with AstroFrame.
If this image is the result of your processing of a public data pool, you can send it the pool so it's displayed there.
Use this form to select an existing public data pool.
If this image is the result of your processing of a private shared folder, you can send it the folder so it's displayed there.
Such limitation improves the website as a whole by discouraging people from creating fake accounts to like their own images. Thank you for understanding!
Currently, your AstroBin index is 0.00.