I made a small update to the site and I thought I'd push it as soon as possible online.
There are now new subject categories that you can use in your images. Here they are all:
- Deep sky object
- Solar system body or event (to be used also for eclipsis, transits, conjunctions, etc)
- Extremely wide field (to be used for constellations, wide shots of the Milky Way, and generally for things in which it doesn't make sense to specify just a few subjects)
- Star trails
- Gear (yes, now you can upload images of your equipment, and it has a place!)
- Other (because you never know)
So, I have two small requests:
- It would be grand if you could go back and fix your wide fields, star trails, gear image and "other" images, so they get categorized well. Just go to them one by one, choose Actions and then Edit basic information.
- If you feel like giving a hand to the awesome AstroBin localization team (their names are at the bottom of the site), you could join them on http://translate.astrobin.com/ and help! Spanish, French, German and Finnish need some help right now, and there are others too.
Another small addition was the type Video camera for your camera details. So if you have one, you can update it in your gear.
Moreover, all these new settings are filterable on the Big Wall and in your own gallery. I have also added the ability to sort the images by number of comments.
I'm sure I can count on your collaboration to keep the AstroBin database neat and organized!
Thank you all,