Central DS 600D II Generic equipment discussions · jakob1234 · ... · 1 · 93 · 0

jakob1234 0.00
Hi everyone!

I've been looking A LOT at cooled dslrs for the past few months. I've been everywhere and in between from 3/4 frame chip to full frame, ccd an so on... what a jungle

However, i've finally settled on a decision - i want a cooled 3/4 chip dslr - this will go nicely with my setup.

For some reason, it's very difficult to find more than one or two reviews of centralds dslrs, but the ones i have read are positive. I'm going for the 600D II, and i've written to centralds, but no response

Does anyone know if you can take bias frames with this modded 600D? And, does anyone have some general information about this companys camera?

Thanks!
astrobillbinMontana 0.00
I have a Central DS cooled 600D, which I acquired used.   Yes, you can take bias, dark and flat frames using this camera in conjunction with Backyard EOS imaging acquisition software.   The specifications for the camera are on their website, but I have found it is often difficult to connect to the site for some unknown reason.  I have sent them Emails sometimes with a response and sometimes with no response.  So, I would suggest to keep trying.   My Central DS cooled 660D takes excellent astro images.

Hope you find this information at least marginally helpful.  ;-)

Bill B in Montana

Register or login to create to post a reply.