wedge and hyperstar for cpc1100 Generic equipment discussions · HST · ... · 6 · 150 · 0

HST 0.00
hello everyone
i have the cpc 1100 gps xlt telescope. i want to start astrophotography for deep sky object and im thinking to buy the wedge and the hyperstar but i dont sure how much it will help me... is there here anyone that have these equipment and can help me?
thank you very much!!
Edited ...
ruccdu 2.71
HST,

I have a CPC800 that I image through.  You will definitely need a wedge.  I use Celestron's heavy duty wedge and it works well.  I have no experience with Hyperstar, so I can't comment on how that will impact your plans.  You will need a guider, though.  When using an SCT, I've had best results using an off-axis guider rather than a separate guide scope.

HTH,
Ron
HST 0.00
you can send some of your photos that you took with you cpc800 on a wedge? so that i can at least  see what kind of images to expect?
Phambric21 0.00
HST,

I have a CPC 11 with a HD wedge and Hyperstar that I used to imagine with. With the addition of the wedge and Hyperstar wide FOV i was able to take up 120 sec exposures before seeing star trail. If you use PHD2 and polar align your set up I'm sure you could take much longer exposures.  If you go to my page and look at my image of the Orion Nebula it should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.
HST 0.00
thank you!!!
HST 0.00
perry, what a beautiful image of the orion nebula!!

are you pleased with your equipment and with its results?

because people told me that the sct telescope (like we have), is not good for astrophotography to deep sky object... and all the time they telling me to change the telescope...
ruccdu 2.71
HST,

Most of my shots before July 2016 on my Astrobin page are with my CPC800 on Celestron's wedge.  Have a look.

Ron

Register or login to create to post a reply.