QHY16200A desiccator QHY Users Group · Duczmal · ... · 4 · 130 · 0

cosmophoton 0.00
Hi,

Can someone instruct me on the usage of the desiccator gel tube with the QHY16200A camera? Does it need to be attached to the camera during all the time, or only after a photographic session, or only when there is humidity inside the CCD chamber?

Thanks in advance for your input.
CosmicWreckingBall 0.00
Hi Luiz, I've not had to use mine since I got it, but I've not used it in very humid conditions.  It is my understanding you only use it when you are concerned about humidity inside the sensor window.
cosmophoton 0.00
Matt Harbison:
Hi Luiz, I've not had to use mine since I got it, but I've not used it in very humid conditions.  It is my understanding you only use it when you are concerned about humidity inside the sensor window.

Thank you Matt! I will follow your advice, since the humidity is usually low in my observatory.
Clear skies,
Luiz
Richard_Bratt 0.00
The chamber is sealed so you only will need to use the desiccator if the seal fails, is less than perfect or you open the chamber for some reason.  I had to open the chamber of my QHY23 to clean a tiny oil spot off of the inside of the window.  Excepting that, I have not had to use it again on my QHY23 (~ 2years) or ever on my QHY16200A (~6mo).  So, the bottom line is stick it in a drawer and expect to not have to use it.
cosmophoton 0.00
Thanks, Richard, for the useful information.
Clear skies,
Luiz

Register or login to create to post a reply.