For sale Borg 125 SD (Pentax Glass) + 10" RC and Boss II focuser UK Astro-Imaging · Paddy Gilliland · ... · 4 · 334 · 0

patrickgilliland 0.00
Having a clear out to fund a new scope.

I have an upgraded 10 RC (stronger body with additional side fans) + a custom made matching dew shield.  Nice piece of kit just not using.
OTA and Stock focuser (which is fine for visual) and extension rings (should you wish to use with a reducer which will bring it down to F5.3 or F6 subject to your choice of reducers).  For this £1900 ovno.
I also have a 3" FT focuser with motor attached that will fit.  This is rock solid with no tilt ever found. £500 o.n.o with the motor (no focus controller).
I also have a CCDT67 (which would take it down to f5.3 which i will sell for £110.
If you want the scope, focuser and reducer will packes up at £2350 which is a super deal on that lot
This is the only image i took on it (did not have room to piggy back the Borrg as i planned so i took it of the mount!)
http://www.astrobin.com/234156/?image_list_page=2&nc=&nce=
http://www.astrobin.com/238304/?image_list_page=2&nc=&nce=

I also have a Borg 125 SD 125mm (5") F3.9 refractor (this is the highly sought after version with the pentax glass, not the less desirable ED) and includes the super reducer.  I have also had a custom adapter made to the exact measurement for scope>focuser connection.  It includes the FT focuser and motor.  Cutting to the chase i think this scope is the Tak 106 killer, but i will not be using and it is a waste to just be sitting there.  As well as running at F3.9 it has  the extra diameter while only 19mm this equates to an increase of 40% in the overall or 1.4 x the detail of a tak at f3.9.  It is a great bit of kit.  Plenty of images in my profile taken on this one if you want to have a look.  I can not recommend this scope highly enough, I am only selling as it has done nothing for 3 months and based on current scopes and future purchases it is unlikely to do anything for at least another year!  WIll be sad to see it go but would rather it was in use.  They are also very rare so you wont get many chances to buy one.

Finally if both of the above go i have a BOSS II focuser with temp sensor and the second board (so it actually can focus two scopes through one unit!) £475.  If the scope don't sell i will hang onto though for some point in the distant future.

Drop me a mail if interested.

Paddy
Edited ...
Moonstarer34 0.00
Hi Paddy, did I miss it or what is the asking price for the Borg? Thanks, Steve.
Rainbow
Hi Paddy,
I am inquiring as to the asking price for the Borg.
Regards
Eugene
patrickgilliland 0.00
Steve Colwill:
Hi Paddy, did I miss it or what is the asking price for the Borg? Thanks, Steve.

Sorry no longer available.  Only the RC and the OS RH 200 I just put up for sale yesterday (Price for 125 was 4k same as OS RH)
Paddy
patrickgilliland 0.00
Paddy Gilliland:
Steve Colwill:
Sorry no longer available.  Only the RC and the OS RH 200 I just put up for sale yesterday (Price for 125 was 4k same as OS RH) Paddy

This is now for sale.  Spoke to the co-owner and we have decided while it is nice we are just not using enough!
Let me know if you would like it.
Paddy

Register or login to create to post a reply.