Recommendation of 31mm NB filters for the ZWO mini filter wheel and ASI 1600 MM Cool ZWO ASI1600MM/QHY163M · Chris · ... · 5 · 402 · 0

Wide-Field 0.00
Hi,
My camera and filter wheel are on order but I need to decide on  Narrow Band Filters.
My scope is a Borg 125SD ar f3.9, so I need to us the 31mm unmounted option.
I only know that 31mm NB filters are made by Astronomik at 6nm  and Chroma at 3nm. The Astronomik are apparently only 1mm thick--- is that a good thing?
Does anyone have a recommendation on 31mm NB filters?
With my current camera I use a different size Astrodon 5nm NB filter set. I don't think they do 31mm unmounted.
Thanks for any  thoughts.
Chris
Edited ...
jrista 7.93
I believe that AstroDon does do 31mm filters. I think it might only be on special request, though. I would call Don up and ask him, as I know that his filters are compatible with QSI cameras, which require 31mm unmounted.
Wide-Field 0.00
Thanks Jon, I will do that.
fielderda 0.00
I've bought a DGM NBP filter and works well with the ZWO EFW (5 place).
Wide-Field 0.00
I have my 31mm Chroma  3nm NB filters now--just fitted in the EFW Mini and ready to go!
ps it's cloudy--very cloudy
Patxitron 0.00
I know I'm rather late. I've bought an Astronomik Ha 6nm in 31mm just a month ago. The clouds do not allow me to test it in DSO yet nor even the complete set (camera, filter weel and LRGB) but I've shooted at moon (LRGB) and sun (Ha).

Yes, I know a 6nm Ha filter is not suitable for sun. Ive used a mylar sun filter with it, and the Ha filter allowed me to take a better focused picture with my non-apo refractor.

Best regards.

Register or login to create to post a reply.