Imaging telescope or lens: Takahashi FSQ106EDX
Imaging camera: FLI Ml 16803
Mount: Astro-Physics Mach 1 GTO
Guiding telescope or lens: Celestron Finderscope 9x50
Guiding camera: Orion SSAG
Accessory: FLI CFW-4-5 50mm Square
Integration: 5.0 hours
Avg. Moon age: 14.24 days
Avg. Moon phase: 13.96%
Astrometry.net job: 875142
RA center: 60.381 degrees
DEC center: 36.271 degrees
Pixel scale: 7.697 arcsec/pixel
Orientation: 89.096 degrees
Field radius: 2.749 degrees
Kinda fun and tough one to process because of all the surrounding dust.
One thing is for sure ... this is an object that would most certainly benefit from the added detail acquired by narrowband filters. I may have to go back and revisit this one with Ha and OIII in the future.
As always, thank you for taking the time to look and all comments/criticisms are welcome.
- due to some very much appreciated candid feedback (thank you; Adam, Jim and 'Ratter) I've gone back and brought the colours back to something a bit more *realistic*
- converted to LAB mode in PS and adjusted "b" channel
- rotated to a more familiar presentation
- increased depth and contrast
- slight colour boost to cover contrast change
If this image is the result of your processing of a public data pool, you can send it the pool so it's displayed there.
Use this form to select an existing public data pool.
If this image is the result of your processing of a private shared folder, you can send it the folder so it's displayed there.
Such limitation improves the website as a whole by discouraging people from creating fake accounts to like their own images. Thank you for understanding!
Currently, your AstroBin index is 0.00.