Imaging telescope or lens: Explore Scientific PN-208/812 Carbon Fiber OTA
Imaging camera: ZWO ASI 1600MM Cool
Mount: SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5
Guiding telescope or lens: Solomark F50 50mm guidescope
Guiding camera: ToupTek ToupCam GCMOS01200KPB
Accessory: Explore Scientific HR Coma Corrector
ZWO Blue: 76x150" (gain: 150.00) -25C
ZWO Green: 52x150" (gain: 150.00) -25C
ZWO H-alpha 7nm: 27x300" (gain: 150.00) -25C
ZWO Luminance: 69x150" (gain: 129.00) -25C
ZWO Luminance: 46x200" (gain: 75.00) -25C
ZWO Red: 67x150" (gain: 150.00) -25C
ZWO Red: 61x150" (gain: 150.00) -26C
Integration: 18.3 hours
Avg. Moon age: 12.78 days
Avg. Moon phase: 35.58%
Astrometry.net job: 1570735
RA center: 169.992 degrees
DEC center: 13.300 degrees
Pixel scale: 0.919 arcsec/pixel
Orientation: -72.162 degrees
Field radius: 0.593 degrees
This one didn't come out the way I was hoping, but I can't devote any more time to it at this stage. Perhaps if I can get Sequence Generator Pro up and running, I'll devote some time to it between other shots, but otherwise it will have to wait until next year. Simply put: I messed up in my acquisition. My first batch of red frames were out of focus. My second batch of red, along with my second batch of luminance cut off the top right corner and perhaps worst of all: I rotated my camera, which meant my diffraction spikes didn't line up. I never nailed down the perfect gain and exposure length sequence and it just ended up noisier than it should be for roughly 18 hours of integration. You win some, you lose some. Still - I don't hate it.
Adjusted curves and hue saturation.
I added a lot of blue, but now I'm thinking I need to reshoot the reds and at least double my luminance data.
Pushed the hue saturation in an attempt to figure out what data I should reshoot. I'm thinking it's mostly the luminance, which is annoying since we're getting close to a full moon.
I added some red frames taken too close to a nearly full moon. I think I just need to ditch my red data (and luminance data) completely. My green and blue data look good at least, which is more than I can say for the M101 I've been working on since January... Daylight savings has made it even more difficult to finish this one, since it now doesn't rise past the trees until around 1:30 a.m.
New red frames. I can't figure out if I'm making this better or worse. I'm going to try gathering some hydrogen alpha tonight, but the forecast doesn't look too promising. If I get some, I'll go through all my data again, restack and try one last time to make this work.
This was mostly processed by Derek Santiago, who helped me get my color balance back on track and produced the LRGB image from my stacks. I added the Ha and did some minor hue saturation and level adjustments. Thanks Derek!
Still mostly Derek Santiago's processing, but there were a few things I liked more about mine, so I combined my final image with his: M66 is mostly my processing, M65 is 50-50, and the Hamburger is all his.
If this image is the result of your processing of a public data pool, you can send it the pool so it's displayed there.
Use this form to select an existing public data pool.
If this image is the result of your processing of a private shared folder, you can send it the folder so it's displayed there.
Such limitation improves the website as a whole by discouraging people from creating fake accounts to like their own images. Thank you for understanding!
Currently, your AstroBin index is 0.00.