Cookie consent

AstroBin saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing AstroBin without changing the browser settings, you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

I agree
Getting plate-solving status, please wait...
Elephant's Trunk Nebula IC 1396 (HSO), 





    
        

            Jay Kilby
Elephant's Trunk Nebula IC 1396 (HSO)

Elephant's Trunk Nebula IC 1396 (HSO)

Technical card

Resolution: 4824x3171

Dates:Aug. 8, 2018

Frames:
Astrodon Ha 5nm: 19x400" (gain: 16.00) -20C bin 1x1
Astrodon OIII 5nm: 25x400" (gain: 16.00) -20C bin 1x1
Astrodon SII 5nm: 26x400" (gain: 16.00) bin 1x1

Integration: 7.8 hours

Avg. Moon age: 26.15 days

Avg. Moon phase: 12.39%

Astrometry.net job: 2190434

RA center: 323.661 degrees

DEC center: 57.556 degrees

Pixel scale: 0.850 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: 257.118 degrees

Field radius: 0.682 degrees

Locations: Backyard, Woodinville, Washington, United States

Data source: Backyard

Description

The elephant's trunk nebula - IC 1396 (HSO). A series of 400-500 second exposures were taken over four nights, about 25% through the HA filter and the other 75% from the O3 and S2 filters. Total exposure time was about 8 hours. Taken under moderately light polluted skies (suburban) in my back yard in Woodinville, WA.

Comments

Author

Think2100
Jay Kilby
License: None (All rights reserved)
910
Like

Sky plot

Sky plot

Histogram

Elephant's Trunk Nebula IC 1396 (HSO), 





    
        

            Jay Kilby