Hemisphere:  Northern  ·  Constellation: Hercules (Her)  ·  Contains:  Hercules Globular Cluster  ·  IC 4617  ·  M 13  ·  NGC 6205
Getting plate-solving status, please wait...
M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline
M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline

M13

Revision title: M13

Getting plate-solving status, please wait...
M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline
M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline

M13

Revision title: M13

Acquisition details

Dates:
May 11, 2022
Frames:
Astronomik L2 UV/IR: 25×120(50′) (gain: 139.00) -20°C
Astronomik L2 UV/IR: 25×180(1h 15′) (gain: 139.00) -20°C
Astronomik L2 UV/IR: 50×60(50′) (gain: 139.00) -20°C
Integration:
2h 55′
Darks:
25
Flats:
20
Flat darks:
20
Avg. Moon age:
9.75 days
Avg. Moon phase:
74.11%

RA center: 16h41m31s.44

DEC center: +36°2930.3

Pixel scale: 1.124 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: -2.718 degrees

Field radius: 0.439 degrees

WCS transformation: thin plate spline

More info:Open 

Resolution: 2256x1676

File size: 2.5 MB

Data source: Backyard

Description

This is my first serious attempt at a globular cluster.

The original intention was a few imaging sessions to sort out the collimation on my 6" RC but as part of that I imaged M13 and now I've decided to have a go at getting a complete and processed image. This image was taken with the reducer removed so using the full 1370mm focal length of the RC, although the pixel scale would indicate the focal length is closer to 1390mm - a problem to solve in the future, maybe!

Taken with more than 50% Moon I was not expecting anything much really so I was pleased that this turned out so well. There is no background extraction or light pollution removal. I have applied the new kid on the block NoiseXterminator (very impressed so far) and the PI GHS script twice (very conservatively) followed by minimal sharpening using MLT-bias, all rounded off with a black-point reset in HT.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

UPDATE

As luck would have it I was presented with a very brief opportunity to grab some colour using my Canon M6 MkII. I only managed 15 x 60s but it was enough to add some pleasing colour to the stars. I was really impressed with the way the M6 performed on the 6" RC despite the very small pixels. Later in the summer I may try to get more data to try to tease out a little colour detail in the core.

UPDATE

Moving the mouse now reveals the core region at full resolution - thanks to @Lee for telling me how to do this cool trick.

Comments

Revisions

  • M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline
    Original
  • M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline
    B
  • M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline
    C
  • M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline
    D
  • Final
    M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline
    F
  • M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline
    G

C

Description: Managed to grab just 15x60s of RGB from my Canon M6 MkII which performed far better than I expected. Using the original image as luminance the M6 has added just enough colour. I'll certainly be using the M6 again with the 6" RC.

Uploaded: ...

F

Title: M13

Description: Original Luminance data combined with osc data from my Canon 6D - 30 x 60s @ iso800.

Uploaded: ...

Sky plot

Sky plot

Histogram

M13, 



    
        

            Adrenaline