Hemisphere:  Northern  ·  Constellation: Cygnus (Cyg)  ·  Contains:  55 Cyg  ·  56 Cyg  ·  57 Cyg  ·  59 f01 Cyg  ·  60 Cyg  ·  62 ksi Cyg  ·  63 f02 Cyg  ·  B349  ·  B350  ·  B351  ·  B352  ·  B353  ·  B355  ·  B356  ·  B358  ·  IC 5068  ·  IC 5070  ·  IC 5076  ·  IC5068  ·  IC5070  ·  IC5076  ·  NGC 6997  ·  NGC 7000  ·  NGC 7039  ·  NGC6991  ·  NGC6996  ·  NGC6997  ·  NGC7000  ·  NGC7026  ·  NGC7027  ·  And 14 more.
Getting plate-solving status, please wait...
A probematic North America, 



    
        

            Edoardo Luca Radice (Astroedo)
Powered byPixInsight

A probematic North America

Imaging telescopes or lenses: Leitz Elmarit-R 180mm f/2.8

Imaging cameras: Canon 350D Baader

Mounts: 10Micron GM2000 QCI Ultraportable

Software: Pixinsight  ·  APT - Astro Photography Tool

Accessory: Baader Planetarium Stronghold


Dates:Aug. 28, 2011

Frames: 31x120" ISO800

Integration: 1.0 hours

Avg. Moon age: 28.82 days

Avg. Moon phase: 0.56%


Astrometry.net job: 275972

RA center: 20h 58' 29"

DEC center: +44° 47' 27"

Pixel scale: 7.336 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: 0.023 degrees

Field radius: 4.178 degrees


Resolution: 2244x3432

Locations: Bazena - Passo Crocedomini, Breno, Brescia, Italy

Description

This picture of NGC 7000 was taken in august 2011 with an old Leitz Elmarit 180 mm f/2.8 telephoto lens at f/4.

This old objective has a strong axial chromatic aberration, resulting in star of different sizes in R, G and B channels, as visible in picture B, causing odd halos around bright stars and very green small stars.

So the image remained in the "drawer" for a long time.

Now I've decided to reprocess the image trying to find a workaround for the problem:

After separating RGB channels I've applied deconvolution with different PSF in the different Channels, so I reassembled the RGB image and I have completed processing

The result, although being not exceptional, is quite good so here it is... enjoy!

Questa immagine di NGC 7000 è stata ripresa nell'agosto 2011 con un vecchio teleobiettivo Leitz Elmarit 180 mm f 2.8 a f/4.

Questo vecchio obiettivo ha una forte aberrazione cromatica assiale che provoca stelle di dimensioni diverse in R, G e B , come si vede in figura B.
Questa causa strani aloni colorati intorno alle stelle luminose mentre le stelline deboli apparivano di colo verde acceso

Quindi l'immagine è rimasta nel "cassetto" per lungo tempo.

Ora ho deciso di rielaborare l'immagine cercando di trovare una soluzione per il problema:

Dopo la separazione canali RGB, ho applicato una deconvoluzione con PSF diverse nei diversi canali, quindi ho riassemblato l'immagine RGB e ho completato l'elaborazione

Il risultato, pur non essendo eccezionale, è abbastanza buono, quindi eccolo... godetevelo!

Comments

Revisions

  • Final
    A probematic North America, 



    
        

            Edoardo Luca Radice (Astroedo)
    Original
  • A probematic North America, 



    
        

            Edoardo Luca Radice (Astroedo)
    B

Sky plot

Sky plot

Histogram

A probematic North America, 



    
        

            Edoardo Luca Radice (Astroedo)

In these public groups

Imagers of Italy