Hemisphere:  Northern  ·  Contains:  NGC 6997  ·  NGC 7000  ·  North America nebula  ·  The star 57Cyg
Getting plate-solving status, please wait...
A probematic North America, 


            Edoardo Luca Radi...
A probematic North America
Powered byPixInsight

A probematic North America

Imaging telescopes or lenses: Leitz Elmarit-R 180mm f/2.8

Imaging cameras: Canon 350D Baader

Mounts: 10Micron GM2000 QCI Ultraportable

Software: Pixinsight  ·  APT - Astro Photography Tool

Accessory: Baader Planetarium Stronghold

Dates:Aug. 28, 2011

Frames: 31x120" ISO800

Integration: 1.0 hours

Avg. Moon age: 28.82 days

Avg. Moon phase: 0.56%

Basic astrometry details

Astrometry.net job: 275973

RA center: 20h 57' 6"

DEC center: +44° 14' 16"

Orientation: -89.902 degrees

Field radius: 1.014 degrees

Resolution: 700x700

Locations: Bazena - Passo Crocedomini, Breno, Brescia, Italy


This picture of NGC 7000 was taken in august 2011 with an old Leitz Elmarit 180 mm f/2.8 telephoto lens at f/4.

This old objective has a strong axial chromatic aberration, resulting in star of different sizes in R, G and B channels, as visible in picture B, causing odd halos around bright stars and very green small stars.

So the image remained in the "drawer" for a long time.

Now I've decided to reprocess the image trying to find a workaround for the problem:

After separating RGB channels I've applied deconvolution with different PSF in the different Channels, so I reassembled the RGB image and I have completed processing

The result, although being not exceptional, is quite good so here it is... enjoy!

Questa immagine di NGC 7000 è stata ripresa nell'agosto 2011 con un vecchio teleobiettivo Leitz Elmarit 180 mm f 2.8 a f/4.

Questo vecchio obiettivo ha una forte aberrazione cromatica assiale che provoca stelle di dimensioni diverse in R, G e B , come si vede in figura B.
Questa causa strani aloni colorati intorno alle stelle luminose mentre le stelline deboli apparivano di colo verde acceso

Quindi l'immagine è rimasta nel "cassetto" per lungo tempo.

Ora ho deciso di rielaborare l'immagine cercando di trovare una soluzione per il problema:

Dopo la separazione canali RGB, ho applicato una deconvoluzione con PSF diverse nei diversi canali, quindi ho riassemblato l'immagine RGB e ho completato l'elaborazione

Il risultato, pur non essendo eccezionale, è abbastanza buono, quindi eccolo... godetevelo!



Edoardo Luca Radi...
License: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons


  • Final
    A probematic North America, 


            Edoardo Luca Radi...
  • A probematic North America, 


            Edoardo Luca Radi...

Sky plot

Sky plot


A probematic North America, 


            Edoardo Luca Radi...

In these public groups

Imagers of Italy