Hemisphere:  Northern  ·  Constellation: Camelopardalis (Cam)  ·  Contains:  NGC 2403  ·  NGC2403  ·  NGC2404
Getting plate-solving status, please wait...
NGC 2403, 


Powered byPixInsight

NGC 2403

Getting plate-solving status, please wait...
NGC 2403, 


Powered byPixInsight

NGC 2403

Imaging telescopes or lenses: Sky-Watcher QUATTRO-10CF 10" f/4 Newton Carbon

Imaging cameras: ZWO ASI 294MC Pro (cooled)

Mounts: Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro EQMOD

Guiding telescopes or lenses: Guidescope 60mm f=240mm

Software: APP  ·  Noiseware Community Edition  ·  APT  ·  PHD2 Guiding

Filters: SVBony UV/IR cut filter 2"

Accessory: GPU Optics Pal Gyulai CC

Dates:Feb. 12, 2021

SVBony UV/IR cut filter 2": 45x120" (1h 30') (gain: 120.00) -10C bin 1x1
SVBony UV/IR cut filter 2": 2x300" (10') (gain: 120.00) -10C bin 1x1

Integration: 1h 40'

Darks: ~50

Flats: ~33

Flat darks: ~33

Avg. Moon age: 0.71 days

Avg. Moon phase: 0.57%

Bortle Dark-Sky Scale: 4.00

Temperature: -10.00

Astrometry.net job: 4219426

RA center: 7h 36' 39"

DEC center: +65° 36' 29"

Pixel scale: 0.960 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: -172.183 degrees

Field radius: 0.503 degrees

Resolution: 3090x2161

Data source: Own remote observatory

Remote source: Non-commercial independent facility


NGC 2403 is a relatively bright and large galaxy in Camelopardalis and circumpolar on my site.
On this very cold night I tested with it both the new Focus Craft from APT and the new Multi Star Guiding in PHD2.

As a result I can say that the latter works perfectly and is a gamechanger for me. I am very susceptible to seeing and wind with my small guidescope with short FL on my large Newtonian, but my RMS has decreased by about 50%, which is a lot.

The focusing of the APT compared to the good old Bathinov mask (for which I have to leave the warmth of my couch/bed) seemed good at first and I repeated it a few times for testing purposes. But as the night went on, I noticed that I was a little off the sweet spot when looking at the stars. But the wind also picked up a tiny bit, so that could be the cause as well.

Anyway, with only 100 minutes of exposure time and my famous "5-minute post-processing", I'm happy with the result and this wonderful object that could maybe use a few more Ha data, I think.

Feel free to leave a comment and have a great and healthy time out there!