Cookie consent

AstroBin saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing AstroBin without changing the browser settings, you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

I agree

New volunteers needed for the IOTD selection board 2019

siovene
17 Jan, 2019 20:17
Hello,
the current IOTD submitters, reviewer, and judges have been in office for about a year now, and it's time for a refresh, so that:

- we may get some new perspectives,
- the current groups may be relieved from the burden
- other eager volunteers may help!

If you don't know what the "submitters, reviewers, and judges" are, please first read this.

So we need:

• 30/30 submitters
  • 15/15 reviewers
  • 7/7 judges
PLEASE REPLY BELOW FOR WHICH GROUP YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER, AND I WILL KEEP AN UP-TO-DATE LIST OF VOLUNTEERS IN THIS TOP POST.

*** APPLICATION DEADLINE January 31st 2019 ***
Current submitters, reviewers, and judges may volunteer as well.

Thank you in advance!
equinoxx
17 Jan, 2019 20:22
Hello Salvatore!

for the next period I would like to volunteer as submitter or reviewer.

Best regards
Andreas
ruccdu
17 Jan, 2019 20:38
Hi, Salvatore.  I've been a submitter this past year and in spite of my enthusiasm going in, I didn't enjoy the experience.  Please remove me from the list of submitters and make room for someone else.

I found the process took far longer than the 5-15 minutes I thought it would take in order to appease those who complained that poor choices were being made and that better images were overlooked.  It takes far longer to look at the full image for context and then zoom in to examine the corners and every square inch to make sure there were no "anomalies" than I wanted to put into the process.  I went in thinking IOD was just for fun, but it appears there are enough others that really take it seriously.

Thanks for letting me participate, though, and I still feel this is the best AstroImaging site!!

Ron
Hartmuth_Kintzel
17 Jan, 2019 20:50
I was submitter und reviewer before.
So I could do as judge this time.

Hartmuth
Jedi2014
17 Jan, 2019 20:52
I volunteer again as submitter or reviewer.
Cheers Jens
Hartmuth_Kintzel
17 Jan, 2019 21:00
ruccdu

I found the process took far longer than the 5-15 minutes I thought it would take in order to appease those who complained that poor choices were being made and that better images were overlooked.  It takes far longer to look at the full image for context and then zoom in to examine the corners and every square inch to make sure there were no "anomalies" than I wanted to put into the process……
Ron

It may be better to remove images from the list that have already been selected by other submitters.
That would make it easier for the submitters.

Hartmuth
dotmod
17 Jan, 2019 21:16
Hi Salvatore,

I would like to volunteer as submitter or maybe reviewer. I'm active daily and would love to be in a new position.

Cheers
- Nick
Snjór
17 Jan, 2019 22:00
Salvatore,

I would like to remain as submitter. But happy to step away if wish new faces.

Takk,
Sigga
Edited 17 Jan, 2019 22:48
Ethan
17 Jan, 2019 22:08
I'd be happy to continue as a reviewer or move to being a judge on the off chance that not enough people volunteer.

–Ethan
Die_Launische_Diva
17 Jan, 2019 22:15
Hello Salvatore,

I would like to continue being a reviewer unless you like to freshen up the team for fairness purposes.

Cheers!
gnomus
17 Jan, 2019 22:26
I don’t mind carrying on in my present role of reviewer.  Equally, I don’t mind stepping aside if someone else wants to do it.
hbastro
17 Jan, 2019 22:35
Still working through some family issues so I'll not have time Q1 this coming year. -Dave
keithlt
17 Jan, 2019 23:07
I would like to keep going in any function needed.
Edited 19 Jan, 2019 14:34
_Frank_
17 Jan, 2019 23:16
I would be happy to take the next step and volunteer as a reviewer.
Frank
PepeChambo
17 Jan, 2019 23:36
I prefer to rest this year.
GalloniGianluca
17 Jan, 2019 23:36
Ciao Salvatore, I would be happy to be a volunteer as reviewer or submitter.
Gianluca
Andys_Astropix
17 Jan, 2019 23:45
Prior to declaring my continued involvement - Can we please have clarification on the following - Are judges/submitters/reviewers images acceptable for consideration for IOTD?
Cheers

Andy
jtrezzo
18 Jan, 2019 01:23
I am a current submitter. If there's room I would like to step it up to reviewer.
jtrezzo
18 Jan, 2019 01:23
[deleted]
Edited 18 Jan, 2019 01:24
morefield
18 Jan, 2019 05:40
I am available for whatever positions are needed.
diegocolonnello
18 Jan, 2019 11:05
I would like to step aside in this opportunity!!!! Thanks so much !!!!!
carlocolombo
18 Jan, 2019 12:37
carissimo Salvatore, perciò che mi riguarda sono ben felice di essere utile a Astrobin in qualsiasi modo, sono un vecchio in pensione  tempo ne ho  se si tratta astronomia,  mi rimetto alla tua conoscenza che hai di A strobin e penso che tu sappia se posso continuare a esserti utile, un caro saluto    c.colombo
Edited 18 Jan, 2019 22:22
gnomus
18 Jan, 2019 18:00
Andy
Prior to declaring my continued involvement - Can we please have clarification on the following - Are judges/submitters/reviewers images acceptable for consideration for IOTD?Cheers

Andy

As far as I can tell, submitters and reviewers images have been eligible.  I see no reason why judges images should not also be eligible.
Snjór
18 Jan, 2019 20:18
Steve Milne
Andy
Prior to declaring my continued involvement - Can we please have clarification on the following - Are judges/submitters/reviewers images acceptable for consideration for IOTD?CheersAndy

As far as I can tell, submitters and reviewers images have been eligible.  I see no reason why judges images should not also be eligible.

With respect, disagree and I sorry must say so, but no.

I have other hobby, grow bonsai, and oddly enough have  this  a competitive thing. Rules are can be judge or can compete, in some years I have winner but judge, so no. Sorry.

Frankly is strange to me this issue at all, if this competition then go for it, but not as a judge of 1/7.

Sorry if sound harsh, but this seem quite a simple decision.
Edited 18 Jan, 2019 20:33
gnomus
18 Jan, 2019 20:41
It doesn’t sound harsh, Sigga.  I can see both points of view.  I am not sure how the IOTDs are chosen.  Is it one pick or by a ‘committee’?  If one pick, then I didn’t see an issue since a judge couldn’t choose his or her own image.

This topic was closed by a moderator.