Cookie consent

AstroBin saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing AstroBin without changing the browser settings, you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

I agree

Display Gain 0 or above 999, plus offset

jtrezzo
29 Nov, 2017 00:22
I have a QHY247C which has gain that goes into the 1000s+ which I would like to be able to input into exposure details. It currently won't let me put anything as it stops at 999 (technically just limited by only allowed 3 digits I guess). Similarly, I cannot put in gain 0 which I use on the ASI1600MM-C and have it show up on the exposure details either as it seems to treat it as a blank field. In both cases, it would be nice if there was also a field for offset. This is very helpful information for people who are looking at finding good working settings for cameras. I have at least a few images with people commenting just to ask the gain/offset settings.

I think this feature would be well utilized by the community and not too difficult to implement.
Edited 29 Nov, 2017 00:28
jtrezzo
02 Apr, 2019 17:01
Going to try and bump this up once again. Many camera gain scales are over 999 these days, is it possible to get an extra digit so I can enter them? Can offset field be added?
Edited 02 Apr, 2019 17:01
lucam_astro
03 May, 2019 12:09
I second Jarrett's request. With CMOS cameras being extremely widespread, including offset data in the camera settings would be quite helpful.

Register or login to create to post a reply.