Cookie consent

AstroBin saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing AstroBin without changing the browser settings, you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

I agree

502 Bad Gateway uploading large (100 MB+) image

scottstirling
07 Jan, 2019 13:23
Hi - I've tried about 10 times since last night with IE and Chrome browsers but cannot get this large image to upload as a new revision or a new image.  The image is about 6000 x 8000 pixels and 115 MB.  Please advise.

The error in browser looks like:

502 Bad Gateway
————————————–
nginx/1.15.6

I will time it - could be the server times out the upload.

I am not sure such a large image is even a great idea.  I have done one grayscale upload of similar pixel dimensions, but the RGB of same size and file type (png) has more data and has more bytes, etc.

Trying to upload a new revision here: https://www.astrobin.com/383058/C/?nc=user

115,793 KB file size for the RGB

It takes about 1 minute to upload and the upload meter in the Chrome browser shows it full upload, then it hangs there for about 20-30 seconds and then returns the 502 error message.

Thank you,
Scott Stirling
Graham, NC
Edited 07 Jan, 2019 13:51
siovene
07 Jan, 2019 14:27
Hi Scott,
images that large are not supported. I know AstroBin says "no limits", but there are technological barriers that make things difficult, and 100 MB is really large for an image.
scottstirling
07 Jan, 2019 16:35
Ah, OK, thanks, Salvatore!  Good to know and OK.  I'll resample it and resize make it fit … thanks again!

Scott S
Edited 07 Jan, 2019 16:50

Register or login to create to post a reply.