M27 103 hours, Free Data, Please process and post! [Deep Sky] Processing techniques · Mike · ... · 69 · 4796 · 43

SteveCooper 2.41
·  8 likes
Here is my version. Thanks for letting us play with your data!
Stevem27_one.jpg
river157 4.82
·  4 likes
More great images -  Fantastic work.  I can spend hours looking at all the processing examples.

Thanks everyone!
-Mike
drusso 0.00

M27 Processed for user Mike via Forums

I have been using pixinsight for about 7 months. I found a
youtube video by Celestial Photography that has been very helpful with me learning some of the different processes and how to follow a easy step by step workflow. What I did was to cut down some of the star data and bring out the dumbell more. I shrunk down the overall star size and this is what I have so far. I had to put the image into my account so that I am able to upload it. This was the only way I know how to do it. I did note that this is not my image and it belongs to a user who freely uploaded the data into the forum for others to process. I hope you and others enjoy and feel free to leave comments or criticism of what I did so far. I am learning........
ArEnJee 2.71
Great data thanks.  Here's a vanilla treatment (PCC->DBE->Masked Stretch->ArcSin) in PixInsight.
*edit* Ok, I can't get the image to attach...
Edited ...
oymd 0.00
·  1 like
Thanks Mike for sharing your data.
Here's my take at processing it.
I struggled with almost all the processes in PI, as the image felt way over exposed, and I am very much a newb in the hobby.
Histogram stretch had too be VERY conservative to avoid blowing off the core.
Also, for some reason, Starnet always left large square artefacts for me. I think it might be related to a binning issue? Not sure.

Alexkid 0.90
·  1 like
https://we.tl/t-ajP8Y2rLyu

Hi ! thanks a lot for the try and the data !

that's my processing. 100% pixinsight

enjoy !
Pogo 0.00
·  1 like
m27.jpg

Here's my attempt. Thanks for the data.
LUCA_RHO 0.00
·  2 likes
My version of the @Mike data! thanks a lot for the chance to process such a huge amount of exposure 
M27_huge_rescale_3.jpg
lucilus 0.00
·  1 like
coreEd4scale2.jpgAmazing capture!
Feels really good to work with the data.
Edited ...
H.Alfa 11.36
· 
·  3 likes
Hi @Mike , 
Thank you for sharing your data with us!
Here my version. I know I'm a bit late on the topic...sorry!

M27_AIP20211110_60pc.jpg
river157 4.82
· 
Everyone, thanks for the processing!  Fantastic work.  

I've tried the Radian Triad and think I got the whole nebula.  I haven't seen the "bottom" Ha/NII? before.  It popped out in a HDR run on Pixinsight.

(Yes, I am sure others have nailed it, just have not noticed it before)
Dumbell's Shell ( Mike ) - AstroBin
mc0676 1.20
· 
My attempt (pixinsight + photoshop)

l.jpg
astrogizmo 7.40
· 
·  1 like
Thanks for sharing this data! Did a 30 minute quicky in Pixinsight and Photoshop!

Image21.jpg
andymw 11.01
· 
·  3 likes
My 10 mins of dabbling:
(split 3 channels, linear fit, recombined, histogram stretches, SCNR to get rid of green, Blue and red saturation tweaks).  If I'd had time I would have used a star mask to control size and colour of stars, but it's my anniversary, so need to get back to my wife ;)  FWIW:  I think you've probably got some wonderful data there that if processed carefully would produce a stunning picture.
m27.png
Edited ...
SirNayrb 0.00
· 
Thank you for the data @Mike, here is my edit of M27 within Pixinsight.  I went with a tighter crop in hope of showing the details but I feel the core is still blown out.  Thanks again. -BryanM27.jpg
Blaineg 0.00
· 
·  1 like
It was fun to take a stab at someone else's data. Its a very bright target, I wonder if shorter exposure times would prevent some of the core from being so bright. dumbbell.jpg
Kisslija 2.11
· 
Jeff Kisslinger:
Great looking data, thanks for sharing! The top link (700MB) is for the Headphone Nebula and the bottom (37MB) is for M27.

I have to ask about your computer specs and program you use for integration. I can't imagine how long the calibration/integration process took you with the amount of data you had. I have an Intel Core i-5 1035G1 laptop with 32GB RAM and running WBPP in Pixinsight with data from an ASI2600MC/MM takes a while when processing multiple nights.

Fixed the bad link to the full frame...Sorry!

-Mike

Mike, any issues if I take a run at processing the Headphone Nebula data you originally posted by mistake? The data looks really good and I'm currently out of my own data to process, skies will not cooperate 

Register or login to create to post a reply.