red blotchy background with asi294mc pro [Deep Sky] Processing techniques · Greisy Valdes · ... · 31 · 1146 · 5

greisyvaldes 1.51
· 
·  5 likes
An update nobody asked for: after some back and forth with ZWO, I decided to buy a led tracing pad from amazon, cheap, it was around 20 dollars, and to my suprise it actually calibrates the gradient out! no trace of it, im really happy as I was still stressing about this.
padraig 1.20
· 
·  2 likes
Great news, 
maybe put up some of your new files for other 294mc owners to see and your workflow of course. 👍

Another ASI 294mc tamed 😉
greisyvaldes 1.51
· 
Padraig Farrell:
Great news, 
maybe put up some of your new files for other 294mc owners to see and your workflow of course. 👍

Another ASI 294mc tamed 😉

I will post as soon as I get some clear skies! Cant wait to finally have it work correctly
padraig 1.20
· 
·  1 like
Good stuff, 
I’d take any clear spell I get at the moment, 
or I end up a professional collimator and mirror cleaner. 🤪
greisyvaldes 1.51
· 
·  2 likes
this is how the gradient used to be, vs how it is now after taking flats with a tracing pad. (Still have some vignetting in the corners but I got to figure that one out now) Screenshot 2022-05-16 210045.jpg
padraig 1.20
· 
Massive improvement 
As for the vignetting …and this just a guess…
was the light pad placed on top of the OTA at a low light output setting? 
If so .…maybe try if at full with a few layers of white material ( t-shirt/ table cloth ). 
There might be a fall off of light intensity at the edges from the pad at a low setting. ?
Myself, I point the OTA at a white wall , illuminated by the sketch pad to get + 4 seconds at 45 to 50 histogram.
greisyvaldes 1.51
· 
·  1 like
Padraig Farrell:
Massive improvement 
As for the vignetting …and this just a guess…
was the light pad placed on top of the OTA at a low light output setting? 
If so .…maybe try if at full with a few layers of white material ( t-shirt/ table cloth ). 
There might be a fall off of light intensity at the edges from the pad at a low setting. ?
Myself, I point the OTA at a white wall , illuminated by the sketch pad to get + 4 seconds at 45 to 50 histogram.

The light was bright but with a shirt and white paper on top of the scope, i was thinking it could be the fact that I took it without the dew shield on? just with the dew shield down completly, since ive noticed my scope, the WO z61ii has a little bump around the glass which couldve cost vignetting? not sure. But when I get home from work I will be testing.

Register or login to create to post a reply.