Siril 0.99.4 (1.0.0 beta testing) [Deep Sky] Processing techniques · Cyril Richard · ... · 26 · 802 · 0

lock042 5.25
·  5 likes
Hello,
We are very glad and proud to announce we have released a new version of Siril lately. This version is probably the greatest improvement in the code we have ever done: more than 66000 new code lines.
The Changelog is pretty huge and can be read here.
1 - What's new?
This release is a complete refactoring of Siril. It is a beta version of the upcoming 1.0 version. It comes with a new graphical user interface, support for 32 bits per channel, faster demosaicing, FITS image compression, single file FITS sequences, improved performance, and many more. The application is also provided with a set of new universal scripts that allow to automatically process your images either they come from DSLR or FITS camera.
So this version is bigger, better and faster. I really hope you will enjoy it.
As a beta testing software, they may have some bugs. So please, do not hesitate to report any bugs or strange behaviour https://gitlab.com/free-astro/siril/-/issues

2 - How to install the release:
This version is produced with packages for the 3 common platforms:
  • GNU/Linux[/*]
  • OS X[/*]
  • Windows[/*]
You can download it at this url: https://www.siril.org/2020/08/13/siril-1-0-0beta/

I hope you will enjoy this new version.

Cheers,
derickson 7.28
Thank you so much... I will check it out today!
lock042 5.25
Hey thanks.
Any feedbacks are welcome.

If you are on Windows, uninstall the old Siril bedore installing this one .
derickson 7.28
J'utilise un Macintosh (Mojave). Fonctionnera-t-il sur Catalina? J'aime la nouvelle interface; cela fonctionne bien jusqu'à présent.
jeffbax 12.56
Salut Cyril. Merci infiniment pour tout ce travail.

JF
lock042 5.25
Il fonctionne sous Catalina sans problème
AstroM1 1.20
Vraiment intéressant et facile d'utilisation!
Bravp
M
Starstarter86 1.51
Thank you very much! Recently switched to Siril from DSS and I find it to be a huge improvement, especially registration works so much better and more precise for me. Looking forward to the updated version, will try it on my next set of data!
lock042 5.25
Thank you, merci.

This version is a big improvement. I really hope you will enjoy.
derickson 7.28
Bonjour, Cyril!

I'm loving the new version so far. Very stable. :-)

I am not seeing the script "DSLR_Preprocessing" from the older version. Does the new "OSC_Preprocessing" script work in the same way?

Merci!
Daniel
lock042 5.25
For sure. And it is universal script. For dslr or FITS file.
lock042 5.25
If you want to learn more about the new features, this is hiere:
https://www.siril.org/2020/09/02/whats-new-in-siril-0-99-4/
CarCarlo 1.20
Damn!! now i have to reprocessing all my images!!! 

Thank you so much!
I follow you since a lot of time! Siril changed and improved my tasks  in dslr image processing. Siril's Scripts make my life easy and i can reserve a lot of time with my baby in this Covid era!

That's a brotherhood...
derickson 7.28
Cyril Richard:
For sure. And it is universal script. For dslr or FITS file.

I will be getting a dedicated astro camera soon and will need some help making the transition. I will have .fit files instead of the raw images from my DSLR.

I want to be able to continue using the OSC_Preprocessing script, but I will have no Bias frames and will have Dark Flats, instead. Is this a problem? Will SIRIL generate an error? Perhaps I can just put the Dark Flats in the "biases" folder and everything will work?

Thanks for any help you can give.

CS,
Daniel
spacetimepictures 4.07
Hi Ciryl,
I have been using your software for a while now, and I find the interface very laggy when going for a larger than the standard window (windowed or fullscreen). I'm talking 1 second per input. The processing speed is not affected, only the display and inputs are.
Everything works fine on default size, and worked fine on previous versions.
Imac 5k 3.8Ghz i7, 40Go DDR4, 1To SSD, Radeon Pro 580.
Did you have any similar user feedbacks?
Thanks,
Laurent
lock042 5.25
·  1 like
Did you have any similar user feedbacks?

Yes with some mac users.
Apple is aweful with opensource software and we do our best to produce a nice application on it. But sometimes that become hard.

However, the next version should fix this issue. I hope.
spacetimepictures 4.07
Thank you for your work.
sn2006gy 2.11
New build coming out soon? Got worried it got quiet
lock042 5.25
·  4 likes
Byron Miller:
New build coming out soon? Got worried it got quiet

This week or next week.

A lot of improvements. Took a lot of time to release. Probably the best version we've ever released as it is the most tested.
Should be very stable. Well, we are happy.
sn2006gy 2.11
Can't wait for the new release!

Quick question - would it be possible to add Xisf support? Would that be terribly difficult to do?
lock042 5.25
Byron Miller:
Quick question - would it be possible to add Xisf support? Would that be terribly difficult to do?

Xisf is a format created by PixInsight, for PixInsight. So I don't see too much interrest to work on it. If someday they build a library, why not. But for now, too much work while FITS files are really good. NASA uses FITS file ...
Edited ...
Snjór 11.96
Hi,

I get 404  error for every link reference above.

Sigga
lock042 5.25
Sigga:
Hi,

I get 404  error for every link reference above.

Sigga

OK, let's check our new website then at www.siril.org
sn2006gy 2.11
Cyril Richard:
Byron Miller:

Xisf is a format created by PixInsight, for PixInsight. So I don't see too much interrest to work on it. If someday they build a library, why not. But for now, too much work while FITS files are really good. NASA uses FITS file ...

Since my observatory is remote and XISF has great compression as part of its base spec, I know it works reliably. I had issues when using compression on FITS because not all fits tools support it (gzip for most).

Maybe I'll see if I can build a library for ya to use.  It would be nice to be able to easily switch between all imaging tools
mgermani 5.38
Cyril Richard:
This week or next week.

That's wonderful news - I've been using Siril exclusively since taking up astrophotography, and I'm so grateful that it's available for Mac, and for free. Thank you Cyril!

One hope that I have for the new release is that I might be able to use drizzle. I tried it once with a very limited number of light frames and it worked fine, but increasing the number of frames slightly caused it to crash the OS on two completely different Macs running different versions of OSX. My rig is ideal for using drizzle (small under-sampled refractor, star-tracker without guiding), so I would really love to get this working for me.

Many, many thanks for your hard work. I'll check the website daily for the update!

Cheers,
Mark

Register or login to create to post a reply.