Siril 0.99.8 [Deep Sky] Processing techniques · Cyril Richard · ... · 22 · 376 · 7

lock042 5.25
·  7 likes
Hello,
we are glad to announce the release of the new version of Siril: 0.99.8.This is the third beta version of the upcoming 1.0 version. It comes with many improvements and bug fixes over the second beta (0.99.6) and also some over the stable version (0.9.12), and continues the big refactoring started with the 0.99 series.The biggest improvements are new tools for astrometry and performance and stability improvements.
You can learn more by reading this: https://siril.org/download/2021-02-10-siril-0.99.8/
Edited ...
CarCarlo 1.20
·  3 likes
Thank you so much!
I just did a symbolic donation... from a developer to another developer. I hope that other people can do the same.

CS

Carlo
mgermani 5.38
·  3 likes
I upgraded last night and am super impressed! Drizzle works well, and I LOVE the new snapshots feature. I'm looking forward to moving away from scripts and getting more into the program, now that I've finally got some data to work with (I'm still starting in this hobby).
Carlo Caligiuri:
I just did a symbolic donation... from a developer to another developer. I hope that other people can do the same.

Done. Thank you Cyril!

Cheers,
Mark
Edited ...
filiscoop 1.91
Thank you for your software. I am trying to apply planetary technique to deep sky imaging so working with .ser files is very important for this purpose. Furthermore Siril allowed me to register images that with other softwares it was not possible to stack. I have the request to know where to find instructions on how to manage .ser file for the lights and the darks as well. It is not easy to me to find the routine about how to do the pre-processing process from the beginning to the final masterlight. A help would be really appreciated.
Thank you.
Filippo
lock042 5.25
·  1 like
Filippo Scopelliti:
I have the request to know where to find instructions on how to manage .ser file for the lights and the darks as well. It is not easy to me to find the routine about how to do the pre-processing process from the beginning to the final masterlight.

The exact same way. A ser is seen as a sequence in Siril. Like a FITS sequence.
filiscoop 1.91
Thank you for your help. If I load my .ser file in sequence and i select my master dark, when I start preprocessing  this error occurr.Immagine 2021-02-12 190104.jpg
lock042 5.25
·  1 like
Because you work in 16bits in preferences. Work in 32
filiscoop 1.91
First of all, thank you again! When I load my .ser sequence automatically the setting goes to 16 bit. If a try to change in 32 it tells me that it is not possible to convert a sequence but only a single image. It seems to me that the original file is in 16 bit? But I already processed the same sequence with the previous version. With other softwares as PI often it doesn't see enough stars for registering. Siril is amazing, global align works always well but with the last version I find this problem with all the sequences I try to manage.
lock042 5.25
·  1 like
I said in preferences
Ctrl + P
filiscoop 1.91
I checked those preferences and it is already in 32 bit format. I am getting mad!Cattura.JPG
lock042 5.25
·  1 like
This output is because you ask for a 16bit output (SER file?) with a 32bit input.

Do not hesitate to use the FITS sequence too. It allows to bein 32b.
filiscoop 1.91
If my input file is .ser do I have to convert it in FITS sequence in the conversion window?
filiscoop 1.91
I uninstalled the 0.99.8 version and I installed the previous 0.99.6 and it works perfectly. I load a .ser file in Sequence. I load my MasterDark file in Pre-processing and it generates the pp_ file without problems. Is it some setting I do not know how to set with the new version or could it be a bug? Probably the first but I cannot solve by myself...
Edited ...
lock042 5.25
·  1 like
On my side, with 0.99.8:
- I load a SER sequence
- I load a master dark (32bits)

It works like a charm.
filiscoop 1.91
·  1 like
I see, it depends on something I do wrong but I do not know how to do. How can I recognize if my master dark and my ser. sequence are 32 bit? What I cannot understand is that with the previous version it works. Sorry for bothering you but unfortunately i don't know any alternative.

In the mean time I can say that I consider SiriL very important for my specific use (lucky imaging deep sky with dobsonian) so I made a symbolic donation too. I show my first two attempts of the last few weeks with Siril. I really would like to continue and to improve the results in order to produce proper images, not only attempts.

Thank you again if you can help
M81_DBE_DEC.jpg
FilippoSigaro.jpg
lock042 5.25
·  1 like
I'm sorry. Difficult to say here.
Do not hesitate to convert your files into FITS sequence in the conversion tab.
filiscoop 1.91
Ok, I will try it. Thank you.
Filippo
derickson 7.28
I was going to download this version and went to the homepage and saw this notice:

Note: A bug (crash) was found in this version for users of ASIAIR images. We work on a fix. #

I just bought an ASIAir and wanted to start using it when the clouds clear... what is the nature of the bug? and will you do a new release when it is fixed?

Thanks and Clear Skies!

Daniel
lock042 5.25
·  1 like
Hello. You can download now the version 0.99.8.1 that fix the crash:

https://siril.org/download/2021-02-10-siril-0.99.8/

Best regards,
Edited ...
derickson 7.28
Cyril Richard:
Hello. You can download now the version 0.99.8 that fix the crash:

Thanks so much.
filiscoop 1.91
·  1 like
Immagine 2021-05-09 223603.jpgImmagine 2021-05-09 223635.jpgHello. I kindly ask a help about an error that occurred during calibration of a lucky imaging deep sky session. I use Siril because it is in my opinion the best software for this purpose. I already imaged the luminance of M51 with my mono camera (https://www.astrobin.com/bsppcj/D/?nc=user). I wanted to get the RGB data from a session with my ASI 294 MC Pro. During the calibration with the MasterDark (I calibrate with Dark only) the error was: "Bayer pattern found in header (GBRG) is different from Bayer pattern in settings (RGGB). Overriding settings." Actually in my setting the Bayer pattern is RGGB because I know that my camera should have this pattern. I show some screen shots.
The problem was not only the error message but also that my image was essentially grey. The post-processing has been done with PI. After Linear Fit, Background extraction and color calibration, I just found a small amount of color as a gradient red/green in the background but the galaxy was completely grey. I show a screen shot. Unfortunately this was my first experience in trying to compose a LRGB image with mono and color camera because the previous ones were made with mono camera only. Regarding the result of my picture it is possible that with short exposures, color is not so evident and saturated, in fact other people imaging this way do not produce great crominances but I cannot exclude there was something wrong in the acquisition Immagine 2021-05-09 182118.jpgor preprocessing.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank you.
Filippo
Edited ...
derickson 7.28
Filippo Scopelliti:
The problem was not only the error message but also that my image was essentially grey.

​​​​​​Hello @Filippo Scopelliti ,

I'm afraid I really can't contribute to your solution (maybe), but I have had the same error three times in the past (but without error message) where the entire .fit file turns out a solid gray, no color whatsoever. No one was able to help me. I reran the data through the entire process and then it worked fine. No explanation as to what happened. I'm sure this doesn't help either the Siril debugging team, or you, but if you haven't tried a complete reprocessing, I'd give that a try.

CS,
Daniel
filiscoop 1.91
·  1 like
I will rerun the entire process for sure. But in my case the image is not completely gray, there is a small amount of color in the background. Very strange. I will do it again.
Thank you!

Register or login to create to post a reply.