STC duo filter with 294 colour camera [Deep Sky] Processing techniques · Rishi · ... · 6 · 354 · 0

rishigarrod 0.00
I have taken some images of Orion with a 294 and a STC duo filter (Ha and OIII).
I use Pixinsight for processing. How should I approach processing the images?
Should I split the Ha and OIII by splitting the image in RGB components and then re-combining with pixmath.?

Any suggestions would be welcome. The images are great but far to red so I need to adjust the balance.
Magellen 9.85
Hi Rishi,

I have written a short description of my workflow in the comments to this picture: https://astrob.in/378561/0/
You need to scroll down a little bit the comments to find it. I have used a DSLR, so you have to adjust it to the Bayer Matrix of your camera. Other than that, it should work for you.

Fritz
rishigarrod 0.00
Thanks. I will give this a try.

Sorry for the double post. Not sure how it happened and I cannot find a way of deleting one.
siovene
(double post deleted)
daniel.tackley 0.00
AstroPixelProcessor has specific debayer routines that can be used to extract Ha and OIII data from filters like the STC Duo. These can then be processed separately before being recombined into a bicolour (e.g. HOO) image.
rishigarrod 0.00
Thanks. I am using PI and PS. I did have a trail for APP but 2 complex processing applications is enough for now.
I have done a CFA split and integrated CFA0 to a Ha image and CFA1,CFA2 and CFA3 into a OIII image. I now need to clean them up and recombine them using PixMath.

Combined image
Edited ...
koten90
I would do this way:
- ChannelExtractor set to default (RGB). R will be your Halpha
- PixelMath “ max(G,B) “ this function lets you to compose an image with the brightest version of every single pixel between the two G and B channel. Choose to get a new image to avoid overwriting. This will be your OIII
- LinearFit with OIII as reference image to get a more balanced combination
- ChannelCombination (or PixelMath to combine your bicolor palette as you prefer). I am actually using this combination:
R = H
G = (H+O)/2
B = O
- You probably will need a BackgroundNeutralization step
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.