ASI2600MM Pro Streaking Issue Generic equipment discussions · Rob Calfee · ... · 41 · 1026 · 8

Robcafe51 7.53
· 
Hi, 

I have some weird streaking issue down the center of my pics when using my ASI2600MM Pro. I'm using it with a 2" EFW and have noticed it on all of my filters. Any ideas? I tried to clean the outside sensor, which fixed an oil/grease issue, but this streaking remained. I mean, I had the streaking issue and the grease issue at the same time. I get this in both LRGB and NB. FORGOT to add: I don't see these streaks in the subs, only after processing (calibration, registration, NSG, and integration.) I don't see these streaks in the NSG subs. Something wrong with Integration? ASI260MM Center Streak Issue.jpg

Thanks,
Rob

PS. So damn frustrating.
Edited ...
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
Here is a screeshot of a NSG sub. Screenshot 2022-01-10 220735.jpg
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
I think I can see it at the bottom of this NSG sub, though. Screenshot 2022-01-10 220901.jpg
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
Ugh. I see it in this registered frame at the bottom. I don't see it in the calibrated frame, though. Screenshot 2022-01-10 221056.jpg
Edited ...
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
I might try dark flats instead of bias frames tomorrow.
jonnybravo0311 7.83
· 
·  1 like
What does a single, raw sub look like? You've done a whole bunch of things to the subs you've shared... NSG, LPS, cosmetic correction, etc. Maybe try doing a simple calibration of lights, darks, flats, biases (or flat darks) without any of the other stuff. See if those streaks are still there.
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
What does a single, raw sub look like? You've done a whole bunch of things to the subs you've shared... NSG, LPS, cosmetic correction, etc. Maybe try doing a simple calibration of lights, darks, flats, biases (or flat darks) without any of the other stuff. See if those streaks are still there.

I don’t see the streaks in the calibrated frames.
andreatax 7.22
· 
·  1 like
See if it happens by registering and stacking a set of uncalibrated frames, say 5.
andreatax 7.22
· 
·  1 like
Incidentally you don't need to use NSG. You can use LocalNormalization instead.
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
@andrea tasselli I did a run without calibration frames and see it there, too. Screenshot 2022-01-11 085321.jpg
Robcafe51 7.53
· 

I checked the subs but can't find it in there.
Starman609 6.45
· 
·  2 likes
ZWO is aware of the problem with oil leaking onto the sensor with the 2600. They now have an option for you to replace your 2600 if it leaked oil free of charge if it was purchased within 2 years and you have your invoice and free lifetime fix with new pads otherwise. You might want to check into that if oil residue has ruined your sensor.

ZWO has since corrected the problem with the newer units.
Edited ...
Die_Launische_Diva 11.03
· 
·  1 like
Before blaming the sensor, we have first to be sure these are not artifacts arising from calibration. How did you perform your latest integration? Did you use NSG?. Your latest integration shows bands in different positions. I think there was a post in PI forum with a similar issue but I can't remember if the culprit was CosmeticCorrection, a rejection algorithm during ImageIntegration, or NSG. Sorry for not be more specific, but I assume this is better than start to worry for a faulty sensor.
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
Die Launische Diva:
Before blaming the sensor, we have first to be sure these are not artifacts arising from calibration. How did you perform your latest integration? Did you use NSG?. Your latest integration shows bands in different positions. I think there was a post in PI forum with a similar issue but I can't remember if the culprit was CosmeticCorrection, a rejection algorithm during ImageIntegration, or NSG. Sorry for not be more specific, but I assume this is better than start to worry for a faulty sensor.

I just did an integration (12 subs) without calibration frames but with Cosmetic Corrector: Streaks are there. I did another without Cosmetic Corrector, streaks are still there. I'm perplexed, so say the least, vexed rather.
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
·  1 like
ZWO is aware of the problem with oil leaking onto the sensor with the 2600. They now have an option for you to replace your 2600 if it leaked oil free of charge if it was purchased within 2 years and you have your invoice and free lifetime fix with new pads otherwise. You might want to check into that if oil residue has ruined your sensor.

ZWO has since corrected the problem with the newer units.

I might start that ball rolling right now. Thanks!
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
andrea tasselli:
See if it happens by registering and stacking a set of uncalibrated frames, say 5.

Streaks are there with and without Cosmetic corrector. @andrea tasselli
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
@Die Launische Diva I think I found that thread. It's about the Output Pedestal, setting it to 100. Trying that now.
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
Another possible issue? I used 0 gain. Thoughts?
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
Rob Calfee:
@Die Launische Diva I think I found that thread. It's about the Output Pedestal, setting it to 100. Trying that now.

Ugh, didn't help. I'm thinking of taking a bunch of subs tonight with 100 gain, instead of 0 to see if that helps.
andreatax 7.22
· 
Rob Calfee:
andrea tasselli:

I mean no calibration whatsoever, none ,zip, nada. Just as they came out of the camera, aligned and stacked. That's all.
Die_Launische_Diva 11.03
· 
·  2 likes
Rob Calfee:
Rob Calfee:

Ugh, didn't help. I'm thinking of taking a bunch of subs tonight with 100 gain, instead of 0 to see if that helps.

I found this PI Forum post but unfortunately no one has responded there. The author's images have both horizontal and vertical banding and he thinks that his problem is related to WBPP. As @andrea tasselli  suggests, just perform the simplest possible manual integration: Pick some subs, use StarAlignment to register them, and then use ImageIntegration with no rejection to see what happens.

If such artifacts were due to oil over the sensor, you should be able see them in your master flat. Furthermore, such artifacts shouldn't be as aligned and symmetric as the annoying banding apparent in your integrated image.
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
andrea tasselli:
Rob Calfee:
andrea tasselli:

I mean no calibration whatsoever, none ,zip, nada. Just as they came out of the camera, aligned and stacked. That's all.

That is what I did. Still streaks. Without anything.
Robcafe51 7.53
· 
Die Launische Diva:
Rob Calfee:
Rob Calfee:

I found this PI Forum post but unfortunately no one has responded there. The author's images have both horizontal and vertical banding and he thinks that his problem is related to WBPP. As @andrea tasselli  suggests, just perform the simplest possible manual integration: Pick some subs, use StarAlignment to register them, and then use ImageIntegration with no rejection to see what happens.

If such artifacts were due to oil over the sensor, you should be able see them in your master flat. Furthermore, such artifacts shouldn't be as aligned and symmetric as the annoying banding apparent in your integrated image.

I used WBPP. Let me try without WBPP. 
Die Launische Diva:
Rob Calfee:
Rob Calfee:

Robcafe51 7.53
· 
·  2 likes
@Die Launische Diva@andrea tasselli

Damn, it's WBPP that added the streaks. The attached I did a basic star align and integration only without WBPP and no streaks. What could be causing that in WBPP? 
Screenshot 2022-01-11 130228.jpg
Edited ...
Die_Launische_Diva 11.03
· 
Rob Calfee:
@Die Launische Diva@andrea tasselli

Damn, it's WBPP that added the streaks. The attached I did a basic star align and integration only without WBPP and no streaks. What could be causing that in WBPP? 
Screenshot 2022-01-11 130228.jpg

Great! Unfortunately I can't help you with WBPP since I don't use it. I find it too complicated!

Register or login to create to post a reply.