ASI6200MM Gain and Offset Generic equipment discussions · Tom Peter AKA Astrovetteman · ... · 8 · 765 · 0

Astrovetteman 0.00
I got my new ASI1600MM and EFW 7x2”, last week.  I’m putting it on my NP127IS and it’s been quite an interesting trip getting the spacing correct and getting the tilt correct.....this LARGE sensor shows every slight imperfection in the imaging train.....it’s not very forgiving!  I’m gonna have to have Precision Parts make a one piece spacer so all the diameters from the FW  to the LFC are the same, but it’s working okay for now aside from some refinements to the tilt and some slight vignette .  Now it’s time to figure out what gains and offsets to use!!  I’ve read that for LRGB to use Unity Gain and for NB to use gain at 100.  If anyone who has this camera could share their settings and thoughts on this, I sure would appreciate it!!
 Thanks 🙏🏻!!
Tom
DarkStar 18.84
Hi Tom,

I am not sure, which camera you actually mean now. The heading talks about a ASI6200 but in text you talk about a ASI1600. Moreover the ASI6200 has no unity gain due to its 16 Bit readout.
If you mean the ASI6200: My settings for RGB are gain=0, offset=50 and for NB gain=100, offset=50. These are good settings to start with.

CS
Ruediger
Astrovetteman 0.00
Hey thanks Ruediger!!  I meant ASI6200MM....my bad!  I will try these settings to start with!  Also, does the USB slider have any influence on the data or is it just how the image appears on the screen?
Thanks 🙏🏻!!
Tom
Edited ...
DarkStar 18.84
Welcome!
I have to throttle down USB speed to the minimum, since I use long active USB cables. To fast USB speed may lead to disconnects, failures or banding pattern in the images.
CS
Rüdiger
paulmac 1.51
Hi Tom,

I have a ZWO 1600 and I find the USB throttle slider pretty useful. I do try to avoid USB 3 (seems problematic to me) but with all of my USB connections going through a hub (mount control, focus, camera, guiding and internet connection) I do find that turning the USB down to about half tends to reduce the frustration from intermittent and infrequent errors like a completely blank screen on integration upload. Suggest you experiment with the slider to find what works best for you.

Good luck & clear skies, Paul.
Rich-sky
139/21
DarkStar 18.84
Rich Sky:
139/21

@Rich: That valid for the ASI1600 and not ASI6200
Edited ...
Rich-sky
Just substract 200. Is it 1600 or 16200? Nobody knows -200
Edited ...
Astrovetteman 0.00
Rich Sky:
Just substract 200. Is it 1600 or 16200? Nobody knows -200

its an ASI6200MM.
 Thanks 🙏🏻
Tom

Register or login to create to post a reply.