Cookie consent

AstroBin saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing AstroBin without changing the browser settings, you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

I agree

Sw esprit 100ed flattener distance

astrothemis.gr
08 Sep, 2019 21:35
Hi i want some help to find the right distance. I use QHY9 + Starlight xpress FW+ OAG Starlight.
The optical window from qhy9 removed.

Someone with the same setup for help!!!

thanks  smilesmile
juanfilas
08 Sep, 2019 23:52
Hi, is 63mm
VicV
09 Sep, 2019 03:24
Juan Filas
Hi, is 63mm

Interesting, the manufacturer states 55mm. Why is the optimal distance so much larger?
Marcelof
09 Sep, 2019 04:50
The distance is 55mm if you use the adapter that comes attached to the flattener or 63mm if it is removed (page 8 of the manual, available on the SW website).

The point is to cover exactly this distance taking into account the proper distances of your equipment:

Backfocus camera + FW + OAG + The filter itself* + adapters = 55mm

*for the filter a distance of 1/3 of the filter width is usually calculated.

Manual:  https://www.skywatcherusa.com/pages/support-center
Edited 09 Sep, 2019 05:25
Stratos_S
09 Sep, 2019 09:43
The right distance from the back of field flatterer to your camera sensor is 55mm. +-1mm will be ok too.
Edited 09 Sep, 2019 18:44
astrothemis.gr
11 Sep, 2019 17:17
Hi i try to fix all the system with 55mm but it's not possible. I must take off the oag and i don't want it.
Now i have 58mm. I will try it at next new moon and i will inform you for the result with image!!!

Thanks all smile

Register or login to create to post a reply.