After six years, i've been planning my next aurora tour to Norway. This time, my godchild E. (21) and her mother are joining me. I hope i can inspire E. for (nightscape) photography. Destination: Lofoten.
We picked this location because some relatives lives there. Furthermore, the weather statistics for the region between Kiruna and Lofoten for this time of the year seemed to be one of the best in Scandinavia. Also, the landscape offers stunning image compositions. Beginning of October is close to equinox, and it's around new moon. The landscape will be pitch black, if the aurorae won't be comparable to my last Norway trip. Sun has already been showing quite a lot of activity again, with so far only 23% of spotless days this year. So everything is set, and i think we only need some luck regarding weather conditions.
However, the latest pandemic progression in Germany is somewhat concerning, i hope there won't be any restrictions coming . We're all vaccinated.

I'm not very experienced in ultra wide angle photography or landscape photography. But i'm trying to collect information and do some practise.
I'm strongly looking forward to it! If everything goes well, i hope to be able to post frequent updates! I'll bring a Sony a7III with a 14mm GM and a 20mm f/1.8 G lens, and i'll equip E. with my unmodified EOS 6D, the 16-35mm f/2.8 and the 24mm f/1.4.

Clear Skies,
Horst
Edited ...