C/2020 F3 Neowise comet : raw data from remote hosting Comets Imaging · Stefano Zamblera · ... · 7 · 169 · 5

afettoxiulong@gmail.com 1.20
· 
·  1 like
Dear Astrobin users hi everybody!
I was looking for some raw data archives about Neowise comet, and I wasn’t able to find nothing on the web. 
In telescopelive, for instance, there’s some set for Leonard, ZTF and few other subject, but nothing available for Neowise. 
Can you please help me ?
Thanks in advance and wishing everybody clear skies 🌌
prystavski 6.92
· 
·  3 likes
Dear Stefano,
You can search through a ZTF archive images. I don't know how many you can find, but seems that a lot. Just pick up "Search by Solar System Object/Orbit" option and define object name "C/2020 F3". Then choose observation dates and delete "500" for full images. Then you go...

image.png
· 
·  2 likes
Dear @Taras Prystavski thank U very much for precious information!!!!
wishing U the clearest skies 😀😀😀👏👏👏
· 
·  2 likes
Dear @Taras Prystavski how are U?
Hope fine and well!
This is my first attemp for Neowise from ZTF archive, set from 24/07/2020.
C2020F3-Neowise-IRAS-24072020.jpg
PixInSight had some problem in platesolving because of peculiar fits header, thus also was impossible to perform image registration > comet registration.
I thus worked just by star registration of the few subframes and then play an image integration for each filter: I assigned R channel to zr filter, G to zg and B to zi even I suspect other choose may be taken.
After that I made starless and star version for each channel and integrate in pixinsight the starry master, and in photoshop the starless master handly stacking rgb comet.
C2020F3-Neowise-IRAS-24072020-starless.jpg
I finally played some photoshop tricks for pixel fixing, framing, dust lanes enhancing, etc...
I hope U like!
I like and wish to thank U for the help!!!
When I'm going to have some more free time I'll upload there in my gallery!
I would like a more wider field of view for a next attempt, but I confess to me is simply exciting and so so funny to make post-production over these enormous scientific quality data from such powerful instruments! As when I play with JWST or Hubble data (cfr. https://mast.stsci.edu/portal/Mashup/Clients/Mast/Portal.html )  I'm simply totally stoked!
Thanks again!
Wishing clear skies!!!
Edited ...
prystavski 6.92
· 
·  2 likes
Dear Stefano Zamblera,
Your work is fantastic! It's true masterpice and I probaly found a person whom I will contact to when I learn making color images. Cause you are the master!
Also it's amazing how did you find a way to create RGB image without having a B-filter images! Thank you for sharing you image! I really love and enjoy it!
Clear and peaceful skies to you!
· 
·  1 like
thanks a lot!!!! 
Whatever I can share it will be my pleasure!!!
In the meantime I opened this thread:
https://www.astrobin.com/forum/c/astrophotography/deep-sky-processing-techniques/pixinsight-comet-registration-error-in-date-obs-fits-header-data-from-irsa-ztf/?page=1#post-100432
trying to getting over the problem of failing comet registration process in PixInSight and correct fits-header of data we're able to retrieve from IRSA / ZTF.
Let's update about asap!!!!
Wishing the best!!!

Stefano
· 
·  1 like
Dear @Taras Prystavski  how are you?
Hope everything's fine!
And hope you may like this 2nd attempt in ztf scope data postproduction.
This is my result for 08/08/2020 set.
C2020F3-Neowise-IRAS-ZTF-08082020.jpg
I still cannot get rid of comet registration alignment by PixInSight, thus just played a hand allineation or R(zr) G(zg) and B(zi) channels in photohop of comet starless image, and then adding stars as new layer in "screen" blending mode.
After some research about Palomar 48 inches Samuel Oschin Schmidt telescope and ZTF camera I found here 
https://www.ztf.caltech.edu/ztf-camera.html

and especially here
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1538-3873/ab4ca2/pdf
https://doi.org/10.1088/1538-3873/ab4ca2  ]
all data necessary for letting PixInsight plate solving and annotates final image
C2020F3-Neowise-IRAS-ZTF-08082020-annotated.jpg
Apart of aesthetic results, what is important is that if pixinsight works in annotation after platesolving, I hypothesize it could works also in comet registration after a proper platesolving of single channels masterframe; I'm going to try asap and, if you're interested, back here with results!
I've seen your great works focused about comet, it's very very interesting!!!! Thanks for sharing here!!!! 
I've also gave a look to iTelescope website, but really didn't understand very well if in their plans is possible to retrieve data focused on comet or other sky objects and download specific set of data like for Telescopelive
Thanks again and again wishing clear skies
prystavski 6.92
· 
·  1 like
Wow! Wow! Wow!
Wowstrophotography in action!
Love your images! They are amazing!
I will write an e-mail to Palomar Observatory, so they will capture whole comets in the future!
Very cool Stefano!

Register or login to create to post a reply.