NGC6992 Veil Nebula SHO special mix Fine Art Astrophotography · basskep · ... · 8 · 160 · 1

basskep 0.00
·  1 like
Hello,

Here is my NGC6992 SHO with a special mix without affecting the Green layer to Ha :

Elmiko 9.53
·  1 like
Excellent image!
GWLopez 19.68
Beautiful rendition of Eastern Veil.  The image looks to me like a HOO bicolor, but you mention a "SHO special mix ..." Can you talk more about your approach?
basskep 0.00
·  1 like
Gary Lopez:
Beautiful rendition of Eastern Veil.  The image looks to me like a HOO bicolor, but you mention a "SHO special mix ..." Can you talk more about your approach?

Yes sure during the processing mixing step I was face to a dilemna : using only HOO or SHO ? Because I had acquired the 3 layers of SHO and wanted to use the SII layer also.
What I did is that I used the following :
Red Layer : 100% Ha and 100% SII
Green Layer : 100% OIII
Blue Layer : 100% OIII

So the final mix is a sort of HOO but with SII and Ha on the Red layer...

Did anyone already tried this combination ? I was not sure of the result but it seems to be quite interesting.
basskep 0.00
·  1 like
Elmiko:
Excellent image!

Thank you Elmiko 
GWLopez 19.68
So the final mix is a sort of HOO but with SII and Ha on the Red layer…Did anyone already tried this combination ? I was not sure of the result but it seems to be quite interesting.

I combined Ha and SII to make a master luminance in a rendition of the Jellyfish Nebula (IC443, https://www.astrobin.com/418925/?nc=user), but not Eastern Veil. In the data I collect for Eastern Veil, Ha and OIII were much stronger signals than SII, so I combined Ha and OIII  to make a master luminance. It would be interesting to compare your version with mine and see if there are structural differences (https://www.astrobin.com/414363/?nc=user). Thanks for explaining your approach.
Edited ...
basskep 0.00
·  1 like
Gary Lopez:
So the final mix is a sort of HOO but with SII and Ha on the Red layer…Did anyone already tried this combination ? I was not sure of the result but it seems to be quite interesting.
I combined Ha and SII to make a master luminance in a rendition of the Jellyfish Nebula (IC443, https://www.astrobin.com/418925/?nc=user), but not Eastern Veil. In the data I collect for Eastern Veil, Ha and OIII were much stronger signals than SII, so I combined Ha and OIII  to make a master luminance. It would be interesting to compare your version with mine and see if there are structural differences (https://www.astrobin.com/414363/?nc=user). Thanks for explaining your approach.

Very nice images and great processing :-) You have a lot of more details in OIII. Next time I will try to extend the acquisition time. And in better condition : I was shooting between trees  in my garden at 30° above horizon. And definitely under a better sky with new filters (mine from Baader are around 10nm)...
GWLopez 19.68
Very nice images and great processing :-) You have a lot of more details in OIII. Next time I will try to extend the acquisition time. And in better condition : I was shooting between trees  in my garden at 30° above horizon. And definitely under a better sky with new filters (mine from Baader are around 10nm)…

Those are tough conditions, especially only 30 degrees above the horizon. With so much atmosphere between you and the object, getting a clean, crisp data can be difficult. I believe I collected all the Eastern Veil data when the object was moving from 45 degrees above the horizon, crossing the zenith.
basskep 0.00
·  1 like
Gary Lopez:
Very nice images and great processing :-) You have a lot of more details in OIII. Next time I will try to extend the acquisition time. And in better condition : I was shooting between trees  in my garden at 30° above horizon. And definitely under a better sky with new filters (mine from Baader are around 10nm)…
Those are tough conditions, especially only 30 degrees above the horizon. With so much atmosphere between you and the object, getting a clean, crisp data can be difficult. I believe I collected all the Eastern Veil data when the object was moving from 45 degrees above the horizon, crossing the zenith.

Yes I wanted to do some tests at 30° above horizon and was quite impressed by the narrowband results... Next time I will try above 45 or 50° and I am sure the results would be even better 

Register or login to create to post a reply.