Differing names Anything goes · Carastro · ... · 11 · 233 · 0

carastro 8.04
I have recently been having conversations with a few people, either comments on their images or private messages or conversations on the Forum, and find it very confusing that they seem to have two different names.  One name for their conversations in Forum threads (and this also seems to be their Gallery name), and another when replying to comments on their or my  images, and then I wonder if I am speaking to the same person.  Also notifications that come through to my E Mail that some-one for instance who has commented on my image, their comment has a different name to the notification name.

This has happened more than once.  At least 4 times that I can recall.

Why is this please?

PS:  I just noticed it is the same for me.  My Gallery and Forum name seems to be Carole Pope, but my own comments on my images are Carastro which I thought was my original name I started with.  Just wondering when it got changed.

Carole
Edited ...
AtmosFearIC 0.00
In your preferences you can put your actual name in which is Carole Pope.
Carastro is your username on Astrobin.

I suppose it is just that some parts of Astrobin use your name (if you’ve put it in) or your account name if you haven’t.
siovene
It's just the comments. The comments take your username instead of your real name. Will be fixed.
carastro 8.04
Thanks Salvatore, it is confusing.

Carole
carastro 8.04
Colin:
In your preferences you can put your actual name in which is Carole Pope.Carastro is your username on Astrobin.

I suppose it is just that some parts of Astrobin use your name (if you’ve put it in) or your account name if you haven’t.

Thanks for your reply Colin, I can't find that option in preferences, so I think I will just wait for Salvatore to fix.

Carole
siovene
It's in the basic settings. You must have used it once because you set your name as Carole Pope, which is what you appear as everywhere except the comments.
carastro 8.04
Found it and changed it to match.  But of course this doesn't help with other people having differing names, plus I am still posting on here as Carole Pope.

Thanks Salvatore
Edited ...
siovene
The fix is ready. I plan to release it tomorrow night.
carastro 8.04
Thank you.

Carole
siovene
Released!
carastro 8.04
Thank you Salvatore
siovene
Thanks for pushing me to do it :-D It was actually very easy but somehow that had stayed in the backlog for years.

Register or login to create to post a reply.