RGB filters Generic equipment discussions · Thomas · ... · 3 · 132 · 0

tomtom2245 1.20
I'm going to be getting an ASI1600MM soon and can't decide what to do about rgb filters. I currently have a set of Astronomik LRGB type 2c 1.25" or I could get one of the ASI1600 combos with the ZWO rgb filters and sell my astronomik ones. The ZWO ones have a better transmission gap for dealing with light pollution than my astronomik ones do and since I'm in a heavily lp area, that may come in handy. Any thoughts?
radical 0.00
Well, I don't think either of them can help with LP. RGB is a challenge in light polluted areas. I haven't used Astronomik LRGB, but used ZWO set - I changed them to Baader LRGBHaOIIISII - they're parfocal so you keep the same focus when changing a filter. I think Astronomik filters get better rating from users anyway.
niclas 0.00
Hi Thomas,
I've the same "problem". Did you come to a decision for the filters? If so, why  ?
Greatings
Niclas
tomtom2245 1.20
Hi Thomas,I've the same "problem". Did you come to a decision for the filters? If so, why  ?
Greatings
Niclas

I ended up selling my astronomiks and getting the ZWO filters in a 31mm size as part of my bundle. I liked the gap in the transmission curves for the ZWOs better and have seen good results with them. Haven't had a chance to use them yet so can't actually comment on them. The other deciding factor was I will be using them with my Samyang 135mm f/2 lens and wanted the 31mm vs the 1.25" for vignetting purposes. Despite the change, I can easily see myself switching again on the future to Astrodons that way they would be parfocal with the Astrodon HA and Oiii that I got 

Register or login to create to post a reply.