Hello from Central Texas Introduce yourself! · alsetalokin.4017 · ... · 5 · 113 · 0

alsetalokin.4017 0.00
Hi!
Call me Al
I'm a fledgling astrophotographer living under overcast skies in Texas.
I don't have a dark site, either, so I spend a lot of time on forums instead of using my equipment.
I've posted a few images from the past few years but I haven't taken anything new since the Transit of Venus and the last full Solar Eclipse.
I hope to be able to learn a lot from the fine folks on this forum!
Cheers--
-- Al
(looking at the next week of rain and cloudy skies)
Edited ...
khrrugh 3.21
Hi Al,

welcome to AstroBin. I hope you find the time and motivation to take more images and spend less time in the forums :-) If you dont have a dark sky, you can take great images using the narrowband-technique.

Glad you've found us!

Clear (and dark) skies from germany!
Michael
Ethan 0.90
Howdy Al! I certainly agree with that assessment of central Texas weather, especially with today's heavy rain. It's just a matter of patiently waiting for a few good nights to get that worthwhile shot! I find that March and July are usually the months most likely to have good nights.

--Ethan
Ophiuchus68 0.00
Hi Al, Have you tried imaging at Pedernales Falls State Park or Enchanted Rock SNA? The first is a Bortle 3-4 and the latter is a Bortle 3. It involves some driving of course but I do a lot of my astro at those two places. I live in Austin in a Bortle 8 so I know what you mean.
Ramanmadhira 0.00
Hi Folks, I am Ray from Ray's Astrophotography You Tube Channel.  I live in up north of Dallas,Texas.  I love Astrophotography and Astronomy in general.  Whenever I have usually spend time on learning something about Space.

Regards,
Ray
https://www.youtube.com/c/RaysAstrophotography
chriscorkill 0.00
Hello Al, welcome to the forums. I am also from central Texas! Currently I am doing an assignment for my job overseas for the next year but I should be returning after. It's nice to meet locals who also enjoy astrophotography. I hope to see you around someday and I look forward to new images you share.

Christopher

Register or login to create to post a reply.