Hello from Central PA Introduce yourself! · Matt Freed · ... · 4 · 58 · 0

draedus 0.00
Hi everyone,

I've been into astrophotography for about a year now, I started out with my DSLR and lenses and eventually upgraded to a refractor and an ASI1600mm. I've come a long way but I've still got a lot to learn. Light pollution is challenging in the suburbs of Harrisburg, hope to someday get into narrowband imaging. There's always more equipment to buy!

I'm inspired by all of the amazing pics on this site. Looking forward to sharing some of my own and learning from you all!
WillieM96 0.00
Howdy, neighbor!  Sounds like we’re in similar stages of this hobby.  I live near Hershey and deal with the same light pollution issues.

If you’re not a member already, check out the Astronomical Society of Harrisburg.  Lots of experienced members and rookies like myself.  Our next meeting is Monday, 12/17 at 7:30 PM at HACC in Blocker Hall.
khrrugh 3.21
Hey Matt,

glad you've found us, welcome to AstroBin. You'll find a very helpful community here! Good luck on dealing with your light pollution.

CS from germany,
Michael
draedus 0.00
Thanks everyone. And Willie I have heard of the ASH before, I will have to check them out!
mkline 0.00
Hello Matt and Willie. I live "just" up the road from you guys in Lewisburg. I'm right along Rt 15, just south of Bucknell University. The sky is pretty dark, but I can tell over the years that light pollution is getting worse. CS!

Mike

Register or login to create to post a reply.