[RCC] The Horsehead nebula for the first time ! Requests for constructive critique · Max Gillet · ... · 6 · 181 · 1

Maqce 0.00
Hi, I'm 16yo I'm french and this week I took my first pictures with my skywatcher 200/800 in an exceptional sky (like bortle 1) !
I'm very happy it was amazing but I don't really know how to process this kind of nebula.
here is the result of hours of processing... I don't know if the colors are too exaggered, and if the background is enough dark.
I accept any critics 

Details :
Skywatcher Quattro 200P on HEQ-5 Pro Goto
Imaging with a Canon 700Da
Guiding with a TS-Optics 60/240 and an ASI 120MM Mini

69 x 240s (4h36)
ISO 1600
Stacking with Siril
Processed with Photoshop

Thanks !

StefanMuckenhuber 0.00
Hi Max,

in my opinion, your processing is really good. Especially considering the fact, that you are a beginner - amazing!

The background is just right and you hit the colours spot on - which is quite hard with this object.

The picture is not overprocessed and looks very natural. You should keep this style!

Stefan
Maqce 0.00
Stefan Muckenhuber:
Hi Max,in my opinion, your processing is really good. Especially considering the fact, that you are a beginner - amazing!

The background is just right and you hit the colours spot on - which is quite hard with this object.

The picture is not overprocessed and looks very natural. You should keep this style!

Stefan

Thanks Stefan ! It's encouraging 
VicV 3.77
Stefan Muckenhuber:
Hi Max,in my opinion, your processing is really good. Especially considering the fact, that you are a beginner - amazing!

Stefan

I seriously doubt that Max is a beginner
Very good collimation on the scope, an astromodified DSLR, good autoguiding...

For processing: the dust below the horsehead lacks color. I would try to enhance this brown dust more, especially when you have such a deep integration.
Die_Launische_Diva 11.03
Hello Max,

Your image is already very good and the only thing I would try to change is to get rid of the second (teal blue) ring around Alnitak and from rest of the brightest stars. I know that Alnitak is a beast, but probably with some photoshop-fu you could either desaturate or change its hue to match its color to the rest of the star's glow color.

As a second note,  I would like to see more of the dust which exists in the lower parts of the image. I think your data supports this (mind that I am biased towards dusty things )

Cheers!
Maqce 0.00
Hi victor, thank you for your answer ! I have this telescope since 3 months but I've never tried this kind of nebula and I've never integrated so much data so it's new for me... I will try to enhance the dust like you said, thanks 
Edited ...
Maqce 0.00
Die Launische Diva:
Hello Max,Your image is already very good and the only thing I would try to change is to get rid of the second (teal blue) ring around Alnitak and from rest of the brightest stars. I know that Alnitak is a beast, but probably with some photoshop-fu you could either desaturate or change its hue to match its color to the rest of the star's glow color.

As a second note,  I would like to see more of the dust which exists in the lower parts of the image. I think your data supports this (mind that I am biased towards dusty things )

Cheers!

Thanks for the answer, you're right Alnitak is a spotlight x) I will enhance the dust and try to erase the blue ring around the stars, thank you !

Register or login to create to post a reply.