a quick question for any ZWO ASIair users out there... Generic equipment discussions · Richard O · ... · 3 · 228 · 0

RObed 0.00
I have a quick question regarding the zwo asiair. i purchased this unit for the purpose of guiding but am a little confused (beginner still), Am i correct in thinking that i only need to connect the guide camera to the mount via serial/usb connectiion directly or do i need to go through the hand controller. sorry mount is ioptron cem25p. and secondly do i need skysafari or is the program skysafari skybridge included in the package.. i have not hooked it up yet for fear of not being sure on those points at the moment. Thanks for any/all help i appreciate it.
lakerunr 0.00
You should be able to connect the guide camera (ZWO) to either a USB hub port on your imaging camera (such as ASI1600 has) or directly to a port on the ASIAir.  Your mount should also be connected to the ASIAir via USB (with RS232 - USB converter if needed) for guiding to function.

SkySafari program is not included, just the link (bridge) to use it. Needs to be installed on your tablet or smartphone.
Edited ...
RObed 0.00
thank you Lakerunr
ZeussAstronomy
I have the usb to RS232 what part do I buy to attach the serial part to a sta4 to go to my SkyWatcher Eq6R controller

Register or login to create to post a reply.