Heading to the Winter Star Party NOVAC · John Pancoast · ... · 3 · 97 · 0

JohnPancoast 0.00
Hi, All. Following Linda's lead, I thought I'd post my last astrophoto. With weather and life, it's been over a year since I took the picture of M33 from northeast Connecticut. I hope to get lucky at the Winter Star Party this week and, if so, there will be more to come.
John
ac4lt 1.81
John, how was the Winter Star Party? Our weather up here in NOVA has certainly been horrible so I hope you had some luck down south!
JohnPancoast 0.00
Hi, Linda! I really enjoyed being in the Keys in February. the weather was great. However, I had some issues with technology. Since I hadn't actually imaged anything for over a year, I had problems. My Mac laptop OS was one or two releases ahead of my canon EOS camera, and I couldn't get them to work together. (Living in a DC apartment, I have no backyard or driveway to try things out.)
So, I pulled out the binoculars and had the best time scanning the southern Milky Way. I "discovered" nebulae and other DSO's there that I hadn't seen before, looking them up on the charts, etc. Dave Albers was set up next to me and together we met lots of terrific people.
I had hoped especially to image the Rosette nebula.  Back in VA two weeks ago, I went out to Turner Mountain to try again. It was so windy that my subs are all poor. I am thinking of going back there Wednesday evening to try one more time before that target disappears until next year. The weather is supposed to be nice from 9pm until the moon comes up in the early AM. I'm planning on staying until 11pm or so, if you're so inclined.
BTW, I would surely want to return again next year.
ac4lt 1.81
It’s great that you had a fallback to do visual binocular observing. At AHSP last year we got rained on pretty much continuously. The company and programs made up for the bad weather though. But the driving rain making micro droplets through my tent made for some restless sleeping.

Register or login to create to post a reply.