Hello from French Alps Introduce yourself! · MF_Erwan · ... · 4 · 240 · 0

MF_Erwan 0.00
Hello,

My name is Erwan (a name from Brittany, western peninsula of France), I now live in Domène, near Grenoble, in the French Alps.
I've liked astronomy from as far as I can remember (my oldest memory is an image of Saturn through a C8 telescope).
I bought my first telescope in 1999, a 115/900 Newton telescope ,and started planetary astrophotography in 2003, with a webcam (the famous ToUcam)
In 2008 I bought my second telescope, a 254/1200 Newton telescope with a EQ6 equatorial mount. I mainly used it for visual observation.
In 2013 I had the oppotunity with my job in Météo-France (french weather forecast service) to go to Antarctica (Dumont d'Urville french station), where I made a few auroras timelapses and 360° night panoramic images...but only with a Canon 1100D and a 18-55 f/3.5 lens.
Last december I bought a Sony A7s camera that I made modified with the Astrodon filter, and a Samyang 135mm f/2.0 lens.
I just started deep sky astrophotography with this material in february.
To not have light pollution I generally go to the Vercors massif, where I still can go in winter. For summer I have several other places in the mountains, up to about 2700m.
Next steps:
-find a refractor with a greater focal length than 135mm that I can use to put my Sony A7s behind
-practise again planetary astrophotography with the 254/1200 Newton telescope.

Erwan
Edited ...
khrrugh 3.21
Hello Erwan,

welcome from germany, glad you've joined us.

CS
Michael
ccdobs 0.00
Bienvenue Erwan,

8)
VaronTx
8)
Fatimora 0.00
Bienvenue Erwan, interesting story

Register or login to create to post a reply.