New Free Astro Imaging tool AZI going to Beta Generic equipment discussions · JerryB Horseheads NY · ... · 5 · 310 · 0

JB_Roch 0.00
(Forum Admins, I am sorry if this post does not belong here, and if there is a more appropriate place for it to go please let me know and help my friend launch his free tool in style! - Thanks! JB)

Hello All, A good friend has done something amazing and has created a fully functional Astro Imaging Tool. I am posting this to help him get the word out. He has done this as he is committed to Astro-Imaging and wants to give back to the community.   The Tool is Called AZI (Astro Zero Imaging) Here is a brief bit about it:

Note: AstroZero Imager was originally called Budget Astrophotography. You will see Budget Astrophotography at various places until it all gets filtered out.​AstroZero is a full featured free astrophotography imaging application.​Features:Integrated plate solving with Platesolve2 or All Sky Plate SolverMount control of any ASCOM capable mountConnects with PHD2 for dithering.The PHD2 guide graph is built in to AstroZero so no more having to switch between apps to monitor the guiding performanceIntegration with StellariumAnd much more​At this time, AstroZero only fully supports Canon DSLR cameras. ZWO support is in place but may not function fully.​Here is a Link to the Website so you can learn more about the Tool!

www.astrozeroimaging.com
Edited ...
Magellen 8.51
Thank you for sharing this information. I will keep a close eye on that.
CS, Fritz
JB_Roch 0.00
Fritz:
Thank you for sharing this information. I will keep a close eye on that.CS, Fritz

You bet! He is a pretty savvy developer and I know he just recently got a Nikon too so he will be adding support for those DSLR types soon..
Nice to have more options and at Zero cost never hurt lol..

JB
astropical
Hi Jerry, your savvy developer friend has a good friend indeed.
I am forced to wait for the Nikon interface but it is surely worth waiting for it.
Since I am a developer myself, I do know and appreciate the hard work  for an application of this kind and caliber.
You may see a few comments, then, so, get your helmets ready 
Cheers
Robert
JB_Roch 0.00
Hi Jerry, your savvy developer friend has a good friend indeed.I am forced to wait for the Nikon interface but it is surely worth waiting for it.
Since I am a developer myself, I do know and appreciate the hard work  for an application of this kind and caliber.
You may see a few comments, then, so, get your helmets ready 
Cheers
Robert

Thanks Robert! I know he is just wrapping all the code up for meridian flips and from there it's on to other features and camera support. I hope he gets lots of feedback. I think it is great he is that committed to helping folks explore the skies and not charging for the tool.

Look forward to seeing your thoughts once the Nikon imaging is added!!

Jerry
DanInVa
Thanks Jerry. Right now, AZI fully supports Canon DSLRs . It also has native support for ZWO cameras (not ASCOM). Unfortunately I don't own a ZWO so I'm relying on Jerry to test the support. The only thing still lacking for ZWO is setting an ROI. I'll get that soon. I don't own a Nikon either but I'm expecting to get a loaner in the next few days.  There are lots of future plans for AZI. Check the website. There's lots more information there.

www.astrozeroimaging.com

Register or login to create to post a reply.