Introducing my personal website : "Millennium Photon" Anything goes · Jean-Baptiste Auroux · ... · 19 · 704 · 0

Jean-Baptiste_Paris 12.54
·  6 likes
[ENG]

Hello,

Some of you already know me because I am on Astrobin for almost 7 years now; even if I am not very active on the forum!

I would like to share with you my personal new website: Millennium Photon, dedicated to astronomy and astrophotography.

The site was written in French, but an option in the menu allows to translate it into English (with Google Translate, so not necessarily perfect but overall it's understandable). Fortunately, the pun with the title works with both langages ! ;)

The astrophotography part will surely interest some of you: you will find tutorials and also "Astro-Cards" devoted to each object that I photographed. These cards are detailed and contain many shooting and processing tips, from my own experiences (good and bad) during the realization of my images.

My goal is that these cards can be useful to the greatest number of people.

You will also find resources on astronomy as well as other more personal contents (gallery, material, articles, etc).

The whole site is obviously free, ads-free, and I do not offer anything to buy ! ;)

Feel free to send me your feedback and comments about it.

I hope this site will be useful to the greatest number !

Clear skies,

JB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[FR]

Bonjour à tous,

Certains d'entre vous me connaissent déjà car je suis présent sur Astrobin depuis bientôt 7 ans ; même si je ne suis pas très actif sur le forum !

Je tiens cependant à partager avec vous la mise en ligne récente de mon site perso : Photon Millenium, dédié à l'astronomie et à l'astrophotographie.

La partie astrophotographie pourra sûrement intéresser certains d'entre vous : vous y trouverez des tutos et également des "fiches-astro" consacrées à chaque objet que j'ai photographié. Ces fiches sont détaillées et contiennent de nombreux conseils de prise de vue et de traitement, issus de mes propres expériences (bonnes et moins bonnes) que j'ai pu rencontrer lors de la réalisation de ces images.

Mon but est que ces fiches soient le plus utiles à ceux qui veulent réaliser une image de l'objet concerné.

Vous trouverez également des ressources sur l'astronomie en général ainsi que d'autres choses plus personnelles (galerie, matériel, articles, etc).

Tout le site est évidemment gratuit, sans pub, et je ne propose rien à vendre ! ;)

N'hésitez pas à me faire part de vos retours et commentaires si vous le consultez !

J'espère que celui-ci pourra être utile au plus grand nombre.

Bon ciel !
JB
Edited ...
Fredd 1.81
·  1 like
This is a very well done web page.
Bravo et félicitations.
Snjór 11.96
·  1 like
Very nice JB, I add to bookmarks!
jeffbax 12.67
·  1 like
Super JB. Félicitations.
Jf
Magellen 9.85
·  1 like
Great site! Thanks for sharing.
ruccdu 2.71
·  1 like
Very well done JB.  Great layout and the write-ups are very informative.  Thanks!!

Ron
Thanks to all for your feeback !

I hope it will be useful for your future images !

jb
starmaniac 2.94
·  1 like
Bravo pour ton site super complet, intéressant et avec des images magnifiques. Tes fiches astro sont une mine d'or pour les débutants comme moi et d'autant plus me concernant puisque que je me suis également équipé il y a peu d'une TSA 102, quel instrument !

Encore bravo et merci pour ce travail énorme que représente ton site !

Bon ciel à toi.

Brice
·  1 like
Merci Brice, content de savoir que tu y trouves des choses intéressantes !

Oui la TSA 102 est une vraie merveille !

jb
yeb 0.00
·  1 like
Je viens d'y jeter un oeil Jean-Baptiste. Ton site est super clair et les fiches très didactiques, gros boulot !
Images, textes animations, tout est de super qualité ! Le top 10 au top !
Merci de ce partage
Olivier.Rethore 1.51
·  1 like
Bonjour Jean-Baptiste j'ai découvert ton site par hasard hier soir. Il est magnifique, très bien structuré et avec un contenu très intéressant. Je n'imagine pas le nombre d'heures que tu as du passer pour le construire. Bravo pour cet immense travail. Il fait désormais partie de mes favoris et va certainement devenir un grand classique des sites astronomiques incontournables dans les semaines qui viennent.
J'en ai profité pour découvrir la TSA 102 : c'est vraiment un instrument impressionnant.
Bon ciel
Edited ...
·  1 like
Yann-Eric, Olivier, merci pour vos retours sympas !

Et content bien sûr que le contenu vous plaise et puisse vous être utile, c'était le but !

jb
·  2 likes
[ENG]

Some news... ;) I am pleased to announce you the launch of a new monthly amateur astrophotography contest on my website !All types of images can compete (deep sky, planetary, solar, lunar, spectro, etc.) and one of the submitted images will be awarded as "Image of the month".The basic rules of the contest:
  • Personal image only (remote and remote facilities allowed).[/*]
  • 1 image per candidate or team for each monthly contest.[/*]
  • Images published for less than 6 months only.[/*]
  • No "pro" data (Hubble, ESO, SDSS ...).
  • [/*]
Look here for more information on this contest and to enter : https://millenniumphoton.com/photon-dor/
(the site is written in French, but an option allows you to translate it in English with Google Translate...).Exceptionally for the launch, entries open today for the first contest of July 2019!

Of course, this contest will not compete with the Astrobin IOTD contest or many others for its prestige, but I hope that this new friendly rendez-vous will please you and that you will be able to participate regularly! ;)Good luck to everyone ! JB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[FR]

Quelques petites nouvelles...

Je suis heureux de vous annoncer le lancement d'un nouveau concours mensuel d'astrophoto sur mon site !Toutes les images sont autorisées (ciel profond, planétaire, solaire, lunaire, spectro, etc.) et l'une des images soumises se verra attribuée le prix de "l'image du mois".Les règles de base du concours :
  • Image personnelle uniquement (le remote est autorisé).[/*]
  • 1 seule image par candidat ou team pour chaque concours mensuel.
  • [/*]
  • Images publiées depuis moins de 6 mois uniquement.
  • [/*]
  • Pas de données “pro” (Hubble, ESO, DSS…).
  • [/*]
Pour participer et pour plus d'infos sur ce concours, rendez-vous sur le site : https://millenniumphoton.com/photon-dor/Exceptionnellement pour le lancement, les participations s'ont d'ores et déjà ouvertes pour le premier concours qui sera donc celui de Juillet 2019 !

Bien sûr, ce concours ne va pas concurrencer le concours d'Astrobin niveau prestige, mais j'espère que ce rendez-vous mensuel et amical vous plaira et que vous prendrez plaisir à y participer régulièrement ! ;) Bonne chance à tous ! JB
·  1 like
Hello to all, 

I don't often update this post, but I'd like to point out that a new tutorial is online today, dedicated to the HDR combination of images with Pixinsight and Photoshop : https://millenniumphoton.com/hdr-partie-1-combiner-des-images-avec-differents-temps-de-pose-pix-ps/

Other tutorials are available (https://millenniumphoton.com/tutoriels/), including a very complete one dedicated to the pre-processing of images with Pix (https://millenniumphoton.com/pretraitement-image-ccd-monochrome/). 

The site is written in French, but an option in the menu allows to translate it into English (with Google Translate, so not necessarily perfect but overall it's understandable). 

I hope this will be useful for you! 

JB
derickson 7.28
·  1 like
Thank you for the link to your site. I've bookmarked it and think I will be referring to it regularly!

CS,
Daniel
·  1 like
Daniel Erickson:
Thank you for the link to your site. I've bookmarked it and think I will be referring to it regularly!

CS,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel ! I hope you'll find some things that could be usefull to you !
CS,
JB
derickson 7.28
Jean-Baptiste Auroux:
Thanks Daniel ! I hope you'll find some things that could be usefull to you !
CS,
JB

I already have found it useful! There are many great links to resources and sites, not to mention that your photos are absolutely amazing! Thanks for taking the time to put your site together and sharing it with the rest of us.
Shannon_Foye 8.73
Excellent walk-through of your work flows for different images
Hi all, 

For those who liked the first part of the tutorial dedicated to the HDR technique, I inform you that the second (and last) part of the tutorial is online, dedicated to the HDRMT process of Pixinsight : 

https://millenniumphoton.com/hdr-partie-2-renforcer-les-details-dune-image-pix/

For English speakers, you can click on the UK flag to translate the site into English ;) 

Enjoy the reading and I'm looking forward to your feedback for the next tutorials ! 

CS, 
JB
Edited ...
rhedden 9.48
·  1 like
Jean-Baptiste,

I was on your website earlier today, and I tremendously enjoyed reading your article about the complexities of calibrating computer monitors for astrophotography.  It is more complicated than I thought, and I have some work to do.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the astrophotography community.

Register or login to create to post a reply.