Barlow + coma corrector ? Generic equipment discussions · Max Gillet · ... · 6 · 144 · 0

Maqce 0.00
Hi !

I bought a barlow Televue 3x for planetary imaging and its a real pleasure, but I realised that I should have bought a coma free barlow, because I use it with a newton. So I'd like to know if it's possible to connect a 2" coma corrector and a barlow 1,25" with adaptators ?

Clear skies,
Max
christianhanke 0.00
Hi Max,

I have  the same situation. I´m using a 200/900 mm Newton and I got better results with the combination  of the Televue 3x-Barlow together with the coma-corrector. Yesterday I made  apicture of M13 with F=2700 mm and the quality is quite nice. Only in the edge region the stars are a little bit stretched. I didn´tt make any experiments with varrying distances between the corrector and the Barlow lens.

Good luck!

Regards and Clear Skies!

Christian
Maqce 0.00
I got better results with the combination  of the Televue 3x-Barlow together with the coma-corrector.

Ok that what I wanted to know, and how do you connect them together ?
Maqce 0.00
Is it possible to have a picture ?
christianhanke 0.00
I have an Meade eyepiece projection setup. The coma corrector replaces the nose piece due to the same thread. The Barlow is placed inside instead of the eyepiece. The camera is connected via a suitable adapter.
Neil1234567890 0.00
Hello, I'm new to astrophotography.
I have a question. I decided to use Nikon d3200 for Deep space like nebula. I found this telephoto lens to be good for my budget Nikkor 55-200mm f/4 vr. There is one same but with 70-300mm  and f/4.5. Is there so much difference between 300mm and 200mm? . is the 200mm f/4 good to image things like nebulas and some galaxies? Will I get good magnified images with 200mm f/4 with some processing? I heard some people say that it is quite good.
Like how much will they be magnified?
Can you provide me a picture of some deep space with 200mm f/4 if u can please?
Thanks alot.
Maqce 0.00
Hello, I'm new to astrophotography.I have a question. I decided to use Nikon d3200 for Deep space like nebula. I found this telephoto lens to be good for my budget Nikkor 55-200mm f/4 vr. There is one same but with 70-300mm  and f/4.5. Is there so much difference between 300mm and 200mm? . is the 200mm f/4 good to image things like nebulas and some galaxies? Will I get good magnified images with 200mm f/4 with some processing? I heard some people say that it is quite good.
Like how much will they be magnified?
Can you provide me a picture of some deep space with 200mm f/4 if u can please?
Thanks alot.

Hello, you should create a new topic on it, I don't have 200mm pictures, I shoot with a 800mm f/4

Register or login to create to post a reply.