Hello from the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! Introduce yourself! · Rich Hailey · ... · 3 · 68 · 0

RDHailey 0.00
Hello everybody. I've been interested in astronomy forever, but I'm just now really getting into the hobby of astrophotography. I tried once before, 'accidentally' winning an Ebay bid on an older 10" Meade LX200, but I never was able to find the time and didn't put in the effort to master that scope. So this time, I started with a more manageable rig, one that's significantly easier on my back! Six weeks ago, I got a Celestron Omni XLT150 on an AVX mount and A ZWO ASI 290MM camera I've already put more hours on this rig than the one I had for four years.

I live close to the heart of the tourist areas of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge, so light pollution is an issue, but dark skies are less than an hour away. Once I'm comfortable assembling and disassembling the scope, I'll start making the pilgrimage to darker skies, but for right now, the front yard works.

I've been using YouTube and other web resources as guides along the way, and just posted my first ever color picture here. It's nothing compared to the images I've seen here, but it's a start!

Looking forward to continuing to learn from the more experience members. Clear skies!
khrrugh 3.21
Hi Rich,

welcome here and i wish you a good hand in assembling your gear every evening. I can tell - from my own excperience - that this can nerve sometimes, but this is maybe the best way of getting to know your equipment very intense :-)

CS from germany,
Michael
Vittorio 3.82
Hi Rich, wellcome from Italy :-)
BombShelly13 0.00
Hello neighbor from Johnson City TN!

Register or login to create to post a reply.