Alternative scopes for planetatry than SCT Generic equipment discussions · Tareq Abdulla · ... · 29 · 534 · 2

TareqPhoto 2.94
Again, camera and software aren't the problem, i have great ones, it is only and only the scope, it is limited, i can have good results but they are small because the scope design is limited me to a specific sampling or scale, so the only solution is buying a large aperture scope, there is no substitute or replacement to that, i just keep using the one i have until i can afford that scope, no matter why the best amazing mind blowing planets images are done with scope such as 14" or 16" or even 12", not my 7", even if i started to use my 8" it will be good enough but 7"/8" not equal 12" or 14" or 20", it is math and physics, and also don't tell me about seeing condition, because the seeing here can allow up to 24" just fine, in fact i swear it can handle even 1 meter scopes, so i can safely think  about any scope from 12" up to 18" or 20".
macnenia 4.85
Tareq, I think that is a fair summary. You can produce good images with smaller OTAs but the bigger the diameter the better the results, as long as you have conditions that will give you excellent seeing from time to time.
Starminer68 2.41
Niall MacNeill:
Tareq, I think that is a fair summary. You can produce good images with smaller OTAs but the bigger the diameter the better the results, as long as you have conditions that will give you excellent seeing from time to time.
precisely: the bigger - the better 🤓
TareqPhoto 2.94
Exactly, i will never ask if i can't have the conditions, i think i asked in the past, but now i am very sure which scope to get so far after looking at so many images or results and asked around and researched, just i wait the budget and get it one day hopefully.
TareqPhoto 2.94
Old topic, just to let you know that i already decided on the scope, started the plan, will take long time, but i am doing it and hope it will be the best decision so far.

Register or login to create to post a reply.