Which Barlow ? German · Planetarios_3 · ... · 16 · 339 · 0

Planetarios_3 0.00
Hi,

I'm seeking a barlow lense for my equimpent (C 9.25 and asi 290mm)
Can anyone give me advice which would be suitable for my system ?

CS
Werner
Edited ...
Starminer68 2.41
I would suggest Celestron 2” x2.5 Barlow (very good quality). Theoretically you can  try x3 and even x5, but for SC (not APO) it may be too much (I tried x5 Bresser with my Meade 8” ACF - no good results. 
Planetarios_3 0.00
Hi Adel,thnakx fpr the tip...I`ll see... ;)
Planetarios_3 0.00
I think maybe a tele vue barlow 2.5x ... of the quality should they be superior to various opinions of the celestron?
I don*t know if its true

CS
Werner
Starminer68 2.41
I think maybe a tele vue barlow 2.5x ... of the quality should they be superior to various opinions of the celestron?I don*t know if its true

CS
Werner
You usually get that you paid for  ;)  You may get best results with APO barlow, Tele Vue and Bresser are great but quite expensive
Planetarios_3 0.00
Almost clear....the more expensive the better the quality
astrod 2.15
Without question the Tele Vue Powermate 2.5x gives superior results. Rod
Planetarios_3 0.00
thanx rod
dzurron 0.00
I agree with Rod.  I have been using mine for the past year on my 10" SCT.  Image quality is amazing.
Edited ...
jcoldrey 3.35
Depends a bit on your seeing conditions.
When using a C9.25, I found a Powermate 2x to be excellent, but a 4x was too much.
Planetarios_3 0.00
thanks jeff,
yes i know 3x is too much too...perhaps 2.5 is ok (only when seeing is good)
astropical
Hello Planetarios_3,
I would opt for a 2x or 2.5x which is at least a 3-element fully multi-coated barlow.
They are available at under 100 USD (for instance GSO brands).
Note that when you sandwich a, say, 2x barlow between focuser and
diagonal the magnification will be 3x :-)  A matter of seeing (and budget).
All the best,
Robert
Planetarios_3 0.00
Thanks for the tip robert 8)
Planetarios_3 0.00
Hi,

Now I have the opportunity to buy a (used) TV powermate 2.5 ... I'm afraid that this is too much for my system (c 9.25 and asi 290mm and two filter wheel) (oversampling?)
Can anyone help me in this regard
Thank you
Werner
astropical
Hello Werner,
Even without a barlow oversampling will occur anyway at FL=2350mm in combination with an ASI290MM, but no big issue with accurate guiding and good seeing when imaging moon and planets (undersampling would be much worse). You can always compensate a bit for oversampling by 2x2 binning your ASI290MM.

I don't know what the used 2.5x Powermate will cost you, but I'd assume this is a rare opportunity and you can also enjoy its fine optics for visual.

Since this is a subjective view, please expect other opinions before you buy.

Cheers
Robert
Edited ...
Planetarios_3 0.00
thanks Robert for the tip with 2x2 binning

cs
Werner
TareqPhoto 2.94
Why not Powermate 2x instead? that will serve you more than PM 2.5x, i can buy 2.5x or all Powermate models because i have more system than you to use with, and for now i am using 2x for my Mak and 5x later for my 8" Newtonian and also upcoming 20" Dob in future, but i am planning to buy 4x first and then 2.5x just to have the collection whenever i need.

Register or login to create to post a reply.