Hello from southern Delaware, USA Introduce yourself! · Jessi Wenke · ... · 4 · 81 · 0

jwenke 0.00
Hi everyone!  I have been an on/off amateur astronomer for decades; after entirely too many off years, I jumped back in a couple years ago. Last fall I decided to take up astrophotography...so down the rabbit hole I went and there has been no looking back! I still have so much to learn, especially with regard to processing, but I am looking forward to the journey. I have been on a couple of amazingly helpful groups on FB and it was suggested I check out this site...WOW! I am just blown away by the amazing photographs that are being taken around the world and just a little intimidated to post my own, if I am to be quite honest, hahaha! Some of these shots make mine look like they were taken by an old 110 camera, but the struggle is the glory, right? We all start somewhere. 
khrrugh 3.21
Hi Jessi,

welcome to AstroBin (and back being addicted to our beloved hobby :-) ).

CS from germany,
Michael
McComas 0.90
Welcome Jessi, we look forward to your journey. It is interesting to pick anyone on this site and look back to see where they started. I have been here for over 3 years and just now (this weekend) going into deep space, I have shot enough Moon images for a while.  Hope you have low light pollution and most of all, Clear Skies!

Van
jwenke 0.00
Thank you guys for the welcome! I think I just spent the first few hours on here perusing folks pictures ( I'm not able to like anything yet) and I was absolutely blown away by the amazing photographs people are taking.   I'm so glad I was referred here and cannot wait to share my journey with everyone 
OakvilleGazer 1.20
Hi Jessi

Very much new to this marathon of a hobby myself, just got my 90 day license so to speak. Every night is an adventure into learning what you don't know. Like you, processing is still a mystery to me despite all the youtube tutorials.

Looking forward to seeing your first shots!

- Phil

Register or login to create to post a reply.