Iris Nebula Requests for constructive critique · Rodd Dryfoos · ... · 10 · 336 · 1

RAD
I have improved this image as much as possible.  Yes, I know the dust is a bit over noise controlled (just a bit--its better than having really noisy dust), And the overall impression is dark.  But the core is decent.....the star is controlled, the pinks are clear, its sharp.  I think it would hold its own againt just about any core short of big scope images done right.  Seeing that this from a 5" scope...i am quite satisfied with the core.  Overall I think the image is a keeper.

only 49 likes.  What is it?  No image is perfect.  I can find issues with all, but I still admit the image is decent and I press like.

Thanks for looking and I apprreciate CC--even DC would be welcome ;)
RAD
There has to be something wrong with the image.  I mean, even a recent IOTD (in the last few months) of this target had too much noise control as far as I was concerned....so every image has a problem when you get right down to it.  But lets make it simpler,  Please tell me what is wrong with the core nebula.
Rodd
Rm7113 1.20
I like it. It is much better than mine.  Round stars in the corners and I like he colors. Gratz.
RAD
Russell McKenzie:
I like it. It is much better than mine.  Round stars in the corners and I like he colors. Gratz.
Thanks Russell.
carastro 8.04
Nothing wrong with it, it's a very good image.

Carole
RAD
Carastro:
Nothing wrong with it, it's a very good image.Carole
Thanks Carole
carastro 8.04
I think how many followers you have and how many people you follow plays a big part in how many likes you get.  Also the more an image gets liked the more often it goes to the top of the Global Stream and then gets noticed more.

Carole
RAD
That's true.  I have about 115 followers or so and this image has 49 likes.  I realize that not all have seen it--but 1/4 is not a very encouraging ratio from those who took the time to follow me.   And I am sure that there have been a few people that liked it that were not following me at the time they pressed like.  But, even though I follow 29 people, I rarely get notified when they post a new image.  that's why I do not follow more--I never get a notice, so what's the point.  If I did, I would be more inclined to follow.

I started using Astrobin simply as a gallery for my images--so they would be in one place, and there would be no risk of losing them (like when my hard drive crashed).  At the time I did not know what a like was on SGL.  I relied solely on comments, until someone told me about the like button.  Now, likes are meaningful.  But I have come to the conclusion that I would be better served by having my own website, as many folks do, where I can post my images and they would be safe and in one place.  But that takes a lot of work and I am not fond of change, and learning new things (I know, how the heck did I get involved with AP then....because my passion overpowered by dislike of learning curves).
carastro 8.04
Rodd Dryfoos:
I rarely get notified when they post a new image.  that's why I do not follow more–I never get a notice, so what's the point.  If I did, I would be more inclined to follow.

You must have this unticked in your settings as I follow 135 imagers and my in box is constantly being messaged with new images posted.

I have my own website, but it doesn't enable likes and I switched off comments in case I got spammed or something.  But I find I use Astrobin much more as it is so useful.  My own website of course allows for me to do pages on things other than images.  Such as tutorials, a blog and my equipment etc etc.

Carole
Edited ...
RAD
Carastro:
Rodd Dryfoos:
I rarely get notified when they post a new image.  that's why I do not follow more–I never get a notice, so what's the point.  If I did, I would be more inclined to follow.
You must have this unticked in your settings as I follow 135 imagers and my in box is constantly being messaged with new images posted.

I have my own website, but it doesn't enable likes and I switched off comments in case I got spammed or something.  But I find I use Astrobin much more as it is so useful.  My own website of course allows for me to do pages on things other than images.  Such as tutorials, a blog and my equipment etc etc.

Carole
  I checked--I have the box checked for being notified
RAD
Carastro:
Rodd Dryfoos:

Carole
I keep quoting a quote and it sends the message to me.  Anyway--I am supposed to be getting notifications

Register or login to create to post a reply.