East Texas Astrophotogrophy Introduce yourself! · Chris Barthel · ... · 3 · 54 · 0

poser765 0.00
Hey, all.  I am very brand new to this, but hoping to learn a lot in the future.  I Just recently got into astronomy and then astrophotography after I moved to east Texas...into a Bortle 3 area.  So Far I've mostly been getting used to using my equipment.  That's coming along and now it's a steep uphill climb learning how to process what I am getting.  That, I assume, will be a lifelong endeavor.

So, hello, guys...proud to be here.
GaryI
Welcome to Astrobin!  I also image from East Texas (Onalaska, on Lake Livingston), but not quite from a Bortle 3 area.  That is very nice for you!

I started from nothing 3 years ago and the learning curve has been steep and a real challenge, but a lot of fun.  It is a fantastic lifelong hobby.  Contact me if you have any questions.
poser765 0.00
Gary Imm:
Welcome to Astrobin!  I also image from East Texas (Onalaska, on Lake Livingston), but not quite from a Bortle 3 area.  That is very nice for you!I started from nothing 3 years ago and the learning curve has been steep and a real challenge, but a lot of fun.  It is a fantastic lifelong hobby.  Contact me if you have any questions.
Yeah, it's been fantastic!  We moved from a Bortle 8 and an 8 inch dob was a present for myself for getting a new job.  That just opened the can and ALL the worms came out.

It is a challenge, for sure, but so far it's been a good one, and I've been able to make small steps.  If I have any questions I'll follow you and be sure to shoot them your way.  I really appreciate it.
khrrugh 3.21
Hi poser765,

welcome to AstroBin!

CS from germany,
Michael

Register or login to create to post a reply.