Hello from Alberta, Canada Introduce yourself! · tarapuneet · ... · 13 · 143 · 0

tarapuneet 0.00
Hello everyone, new to astrophography but learning a lot with each passing day. Hope to catch some good images of the heavens above very soon. I have Celestron 150 XLT on a motorized cg4 mount. Still lots to learn and this forum is a great resource. Proud to be a part of it...
Thanks
khrrugh 3.21
Hi Tarapuneet,

welcome to AstroBin!

Cs from germany,
Michael
gturgeon 9.93
Welcome! I’m shooting the skies in Grande Prairie Alberta
tarapuneet 0.00
I am from Grande Prairie too...what a coincidence.
gturgeon 9.93
What actually?! Is that where you’re currently living?
tarapuneet 0.00
Yes , Sir
AstroChas 0.00
Awesome! Welcome!  My wife is from Fairview Alberta, then later Edmonton.  We live in Oregon now.  You will love this maddening hobby, watch your pocketbook, but there's a great community here and on cloudynights to help you get rolling.  Charles
tarapuneet 0.00
Thank you very much Charles. I am looking for some clear skies to start but it Grande Prairie and it's cloudy since 2-3 weeks now..
When did you move to Oregon?
ethan_wyh 0.00
Hello there!
Greeting from Singapore (where polaris can't ever be sighted visually)

Hope to see all of your future works here
tarapuneet 0.00
Thanks Ethan, just waiting for the skies to clear up..
AstroChas 0.00
..When did you move to Oregon?

Oh we moved to Toronto first for 4 years, then we came down to Oregon in 1998!  So 21 years now in Oregon.  Clear skies to you!
Edited ...
spacecadet2762 0.00
Hello Tarapuneet,

Welcome to the world of astrophotography. I am currently living in Courtenay BC but I spend my summers at the Saddle Hills fire lookout just NW of Grande Prairie. I bring my Stellarvue refractor with me and do as much astrophotography as the weather lets me while I am there. The sky is awesome at the lookout. Good luck with your new hobby.

Fred
tarapuneet 0.00
Fred:
Hello Tarapuneet,Welcome to the world of astrophotography. I am currently living in Courtenay BC but I spend my summers at the Saddle Hills fire lookout just NW of Grande Prairie. I bring my Stellarvue refractor with me and do as much astrophotography as the weather lets me while I am there. The sky is awesome at the lookout. Good luck with your new hobby.

Fred

Hi Fred
Thanks Fred. If you are coming this way again , let me know. Its great to do astrophotography with someone who shares the same passion. This summer I have thought of doing some serious astrophotography with new equipment I am saving for. I have to go out of grande prairie for sure to get some good images.
Lets hoe this coming summer would not be rainy like the last one.. 
spacecadet2762 0.00
  • Sure, that would be great. I will probably be there from around the end of April until mid September. Will let you know.[/*]

Register or login to create to post a reply.