You Can Be Successful with DSLR - RGB Light Polluted skies · Gordon Hansen · ... · 1 · 117 · 0

GordonH 0.00
I agree that narrow band works in light polluted skies, but, you can get good images without them. I image from a Bortle 6 zone and the trick is to take many hours of exposures. I posted my M42 from last winter. A total of 3.6 hours using a modified Canon 6D.  That’s on the low end of integration. I typically try for 6 hours or more. I also try for targets above 40 degrees in altitude - the higher the better.

Gordon
widotje 0.00
Gordon Hansen:
I agree that narrow band works in light polluted skies, but, you can get good images without them. I image from a Bortle 6 zone and the trick is to take many hours of exposures. I posted my M42 from last winter. A total of 3.6 hours using a modified Canon 6D.  That’s on the low end of integration. I typically try for 6 hours or more. I also try for targets above 40 degrees in altitude - the higher the better.Gordon

I completely agree Gordon. This also works in a same way for narrowband. The more data the higher quality picture you get. Reading your message has convinced me not to switch to a second target tonight. I'm staying with the California Nebula :-).

Thanks for sharing! 8)

Register or login to create to post a reply.